By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I barely play my switch

Do you have a favorite genre or are you more into exclusives?

Exclusives 14 41.18%

I have one 10 29.41%

Exclusive/Portability FTW 10 29.41%

Total:34
DonFerrari said:

Sorry to hear OP. Not all system is for everyone.

And my feelings @potato_hamster

Funny to see so many defensive posts or need to say another platform is less used by someone as if he was attacking the system instead of just saying why he is using it less than he want.

Where are all these defensive posts you are talking about?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I barely play any system now except PC. My games in Crusader Kings 2 just last too long. I am happy that it is now my highest played game in Steam with 190 hours, and I finally got decent at the game.

Darwinianevolution said:
Tetris 99 is keeping me busy until other big titles arrive (Caligula Effect comes out this week). It's a blast, it's the best thing that has come out of the Nintendo online. Now if only I could actually win one match...

Its ok. I didn't win a single match until level 41.

Right now I play Smash more than anything.

4 ≈ One

d21lewis said:
I barely play mine lately, either. Logged in about 10 hours of NSMB U, purchased War Groove and really expected to love it like I did Valkyria Chronicles 4, Advance Wars, or Final Fantasy Tactics. Instead, I've been playing Pikmin 3 on Wii U when I'm home and watching movies and YouTube videos when I'm bored at work.

Thinking back, a similar thing happened with my 3DS, Vita, and PSP. I just go through a phase where I'm carrying them around everywhere but never playing them. Then I get in the mood and the battery is totally dead or even worse, months pass and I NEVER feel like playing them again.

I've finally come to the conclusion that I just don't care about portable systems or portable gaming.  If I'm at home, I want to play on a bigger screen and, especially, with comfortable, adult-sized controls.  If I'm not at home, then I'm probably either driving, with people, or doing something that requires my attention.  When it comes to being in a waiting area for a short period, I'm fine with playing a simple mobile word game on my phone, especially since I'll have it with me anyway.  If I have to wait for a longer period, and I know about, I'll take my kindle and do some reading.  There is simply very little need in my life for a portable system.  

About the only deviation is with games that I really wanted to play, like Persona 4 Golden, or that one time when a hurricane knocked out the power and I wanted a short break from reading.  Otherwise, I'm not really interested.

Obviously, the Switch can output to a television, but I'm a third-party > first-party person, generally speaking, which makes the Switch less appealing right from the start, then on top of that I'm not interested in most Nintendo franchises or the style of game they typically produce.  I'd like to have one for those few games I am interested in playing but it just isn't worth a purchase at this time when I know I'd barely play it.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry to hear OP. Not all system is for everyone.

And my feelings @potato_hamster

Funny to see so many defensive posts or need to say another platform is less used by someone as if he was attacking the system instead of just saying why he is using it less than he want.

Yep no defense on the "I have a PS4 and don't use it" or "Xbox haven't been used for x many years". Or the posts talking about how much use they are getting on Switch as a mean to invalidate the OP situation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I barely play my SNES anymore. Shameful, I know.

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep no defense on the "I have a PS4 and don't use it" or "Xbox haven't been used for x many years". Or the posts talking about how much use they are getting on Switch as a mean to invalidate the OP situation.

Or maybe they have the same legitimate issue with whatever console they were referencing as the OP has with Switch?

But I guess that would make too much sense for you I suppose?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
DonFerrari said:

Or maybe they have the same legitimate issue with whatever console they were referencing as the OP has with Switch?

But I guess that would make too much sense for you I suppose?

Yes Shiken, 5 years in VGC, knowing posters and sure no one was trying to defend Switch or invalidate how OP feels about he having less use than he would preffer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

Well to be fair there wasn't really much to respond to. I just gave an update on my gaming habits like the OP did.