By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update : It has been removed by new patch for PS4) Devil May Cry 5 is Censoring Partial Nudity

What is the best way to contact Sony

Twitter 6 24.00%

Facebook 0 0%

Directly go to their HQ 4 16.00%

Hack their online by using Anonymous 12 48.00%

Make Petition 3 12.00%

Total:25
BraLoD said:
As I just said to COKTOE, the exact same kind of censorship is present across all versions and regions of the game in another scene.
Sony is certainly not forcing Capcom to censor games in your PC/XB, or even ESRB with their ratings, right?
No need to overreact against Sony like that.

But not only that, from Neogaf:

PC
Lady's ass has a lens flare (can be disabled with mods)

Trish's ass has no lens flare

-Xbone
Lady's ass has a lens flare 

-PS4

Trish's ass has a lens flare

Conclude: PS4 ver have more censor than other vers, wonder why?

Around the Network
Hiku said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

PC

-Xbone

-PS4

I can't think of a reason as to why you would censor one butt, and not the other.
Could be a mistake.

Wait a while and see if a new patch is added that censors the second scene as well.

OK

BraLoD said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

PC

-Xbone

-PS4

Ask Capcom, or ESRB.

If Sony was the one enforcing censorship it would not be present on any other platforms aside from the PS4.

One have to REALLY be going straw picking to believe this came from Sony.

Well. not sure, but let assume Sony enforcing censorship on "Trish's ass" since "Lady's ass" was already censored. It can be possible, right? But yeah, i will wait and see, people on other sites are already killing each other because of this news

PS4 Version: When I read manga

PC Version: When someone uncensores the manga

Pocky Lover Boy! 

OK , thanks for the update, i will keep monitoring this shit. I do really concern if big player like Capcom start doing this. As we know there was a problem with some of Japanese niche games that was released on PS4 in the west got censored and deleting scene or need to be changed. I have my big suspicious Sony will do even worse in this matter.

Around the Network

Sony demanding censoring of a butt? It's just not realistic.

Lets see how this unravels.

CGI-Quality said:
Thread title updated after new info brought to light.

Also the article mentioned that indeed all version got censored but PS4 is the worse one from all. So please turn back the title or at least make it clear that PS4 versin has the worse version who got censored. 

The fact that it is censored for Lady on all version of the game makes me wonder if this is an issue with the other patches, and another patch will soon be released. I am 100% against censorship and do not agree with Sony's new stance (hopefully they get the hint and drop it like Nintendo did back in the day), but I am not so sure this is Sony.

Mistake or not, people will take this info at face value and run with it. Lets say a patch gets released tomorrow and all versions were supposed to get the same treatment and a mistake was made. I can promise you some people will spin it as, "Sony payed Capcom to censor the other versions to avoid backlash."

I am going to wait and see how it plays out, but it makes zero sense to censor Lady on all versions but ignore Trish on all but one platform. I honestly feel like it was meant to be patched across the board, as the difference is so minimal that anyone without looking for it on the net would not even notice due to the Lady scene happening first.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

HollyGamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Thread title updated after new info brought to light.

Also the article mentioned that indeed all version got censored but PS4 is the worse one from all. So please turn back the title or at least make it clear that PS4 versin has the worse version who got censored. 

All instances are exactly the same, compare the scenes.  Trish is the only difference which lead myself and many to believe that it was a mistake and a patch for X1 and PC may be rolling out very soon to bring them all up to the same standard.

It is too soon to jump to conclusions.  If other scenes did not match, that would be one thing.  They are all the same however, which leaves questions as to what is really going on.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I would say "Fuck Capcom", but this is a widespread problem. Really, if the game already has the 18+ label, why bother censoring at all? Unless it is something reeeally "problematic", there should be no problem in offering adult-oriented themes to adults.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.