By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update : It has been removed by new patch for PS4) Devil May Cry 5 is Censoring Partial Nudity

What is the best way to contact Sony

Twitter 6 24.00%

Facebook 0 0%

Directly go to their HQ 4 16.00%

Hack their online by using Anonymous 12 48.00%

Make Petition 3 12.00%

Total:25
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yeppp. I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with!

Judging by my extensive research on Claire Redfield ... I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with, too.  

Aye, I've been keeping my eye on those character mods for Remake 2, I'm interested to see what they come up with for DMC 5 =P. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Censorship needs to die. The game was clearly approved by every ratings organization with the butt crack in, why censor it out with a day one patch once it is already approved? I suspect Sony is ultimately behind this since we know they were behind other recent censoring. Why Capcom would cover for them by doing it to the other platforms too though is beyond me. Did Sony literally pay them to gimp the other versions so they wouldn't look as bad? 

Sorry but that's delusional.

Time to reflect a bit on the actual subject.

Chazore said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Judging by my extensive research on Claire Redfield ... I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with, too.  

Aye, I've been keeping my eye on those character mods for Remake 2, I'm interested to see what they come up with for DMC 5 =P. 

Yeahhh ... from looking at the uncensored scenes, DMC5 has some good character models  

Unfortunately DMC was never as popular as RE in that way, either ... 

Shiken said:

The fact that it is censored for Lady on all version of the game makes me wonder if this is an issue with the other patches, and another patch will soon be released. I am 100% against censorship and do not agree with Sony's new stance (hopefully they get the hint and drop it like Nintendo did back in the day), but I am not so sure this is Sony.

Mistake or not, people will take this info at face value and run with it. Lets say a patch gets released tomorrow and all versions were supposed to get the same treatment and a mistake was made. I can promise you some people will spin it as, "Sony payed Capcom to censor the other versions to avoid backlash."

I am going to wait and see how it plays out, but it makes zero sense to censor Lady on all versions but ignore Trish on all but one platform. I honestly feel like it was meant to be patched across the board, as the difference is so minimal that anyone without looking for it on the net would not even notice due to the Lady scene happening first.

It's already happening on this very thread, lol.

Well throughout the years Sony has proven to be a bunch of douchebags. They could care less about consumer feedback, but their damn shareholders like many companies. I´m done with consoles. They unworthy. Do yourself a favor ,save some money and get some decent laptop/desktop. If not bear with this despotic depictable company and their useless politics. Anyway consoles are loosing much money that they think censoring is the solution .Nothing but far away from truth. They even losing more and they think solution is gaming services for gays and sjws. Sony , and Nintendo aren´t doing so well. they depend too much on gaming so consoles for consumers aren´t anymore worthy the dough.

Around the Network
Suky said:
Well throughout the years Sony has proven to be a bunch of douchebags. They could care less about consumer feedback, but their damn shareholders like many companies. I´m done with consoles. They unworthy. Do yourself a favor ,save some money and get some decent laptop/desktop. If not bear with this despotic depictable company and their useless politics. Anyway consoles are loosing much money that they think censoring is the solution .Nothing but far away from truth. They even losing more and they think solution is gaming services for gays and sjws. Sony , and Nintendo aren´t doing so well. they depend too much on gaming so consoles for consumers aren´t anymore worthy the dough.

HollyGamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Thread title updated after new info brought to light.

Also the article mentioned that indeed all version got censored but PS4 is the worse one from all. So please turn back the title or at least make it clear that PS4 versin has the worse version who got censored. 

No, the article you linked still does not mention that this censoring for nudity happens on all platforms.
It mentions that the lens flare appears in other 'revealing scenes'. That's what they seem to mean by 'less censored'.
It repeatedly mentions that for the nudity scenes this 'only' happens on Western PS4 versions, which is false. Even though at the end of the article they promised to update the story if it develops.

And that probably explains the numerous posts in here that seemingly still think this is only affecting PS4, even after the topic title was updated.
That it's (currently?) worse on PS4 is probably better left for people to read about in detail rather than in the topic title as that can just cause more confusion.
Rather, I would suggest you try to update your OP with a link to an article that is up to date and not one that repeatedly still claims this only happens on PS4.

Once people know the correct details, they tend to question why one butt would be censored, and not the other. Leading some to think that the inconsistency was unintended and may be addressed in a future patch.

Last edited by Hiku - on 10 March 2019

Suky said:

In what way?

HoangNhatAnh said:
Suky said:

In what way?

In the same way as Sony I suppose, as both are in their best fiscal health in the past decade or so.

Megiddo said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

In what way?

In the same way as Sony I suppose, as both are in their best fiscal health in the past decade or so.

I still don't understand this line: "Anyway consoles are loosing much money that they think censoring is the solution". Nin didn't lose any money since Switch came out and they also don't censor a 3rd party game unless they publish it