By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update : It has been removed by new patch for PS4) Devil May Cry 5 is Censoring Partial Nudity

What is the best way to contact Sony

Twitter 6 24.00%

Facebook 0 0%

Directly go to their HQ 4 16.00%

Hack their online by using Anonymous 12 48.00%

Make Petition 3 12.00%

Total:25
shikamaru317 said:
Lafiel said:

they don't play through the whole game in those ratings organizations, the devs usually show them the most risky scenes - maybe they only showed it censored (if that was the intended state)

and an age rating is not set in stone, it can be altered once the ratings organizations feel that's waranted

In this particular case, the ESRB for sure knew about the nudity beforehand because they mentioned it in the rating, back in January they gave it an M rating for Blood, Partial Nudity, Strong Language, and Violence, specifically mentioning the partially exposed buttocks in their rating description. So if that was the case, then either PEGI or CERO was responsible. But I doubt it personally, seems more likely that Sony was responsible since we know they have forced censoring on other recent games. 

based on this pic, I think they were shown the censored version at the ESRB:

Around the Network

PC it is. Mod the censorship right out!

Well on PC we can edit it via a config file:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_5

One of the benefits of PC gaming. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 10 March 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Thanks Capcom. I'm totally able to slice and dice through thousands of creatures with sharp blades, but a single buttcrack? Thats where I draw the line.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

d21lewis said:
Sony did you a favor. Nudity is the path to the devil.

You old devil you.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
shikamaru317 said:

Censorship needs to die. The game was clearly approved by every ratings organization with the butt crack in, why censor it out with a day one patch once it is already approved? I suspect Sony is ultimately behind this since we know they were behind other recent censoring. Why Capcom would cover for them by doing it to the other platforms too though is beyond me. Did Sony literally pay them to gimp the other versions so they wouldn't look as bad? 

they don't play through the whole game in those ratings organizations, the devs usually show them the most risky scenes - maybe they only showed it censored (if that was the intended state)

and an age rating is not set in stone, it can be altered once the ratings organizations feel that's waranted

Legislation  forbids hiding content from a rating's board and comes with fines  also any changes to a product means it has to be re evaluated.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

CGI-Quality said:
Chazore said:

Well on PC we can edit it via a config file:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_5

One of the benefits of PC gaming

Yeppp. I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with!

Judging by my extensive research on Claire Redfield ... I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with, too.  

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yeppp. I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with!

Judging by my extensive research on Claire Redfield ... I'm pretty excited to see what mods the community comes up with, too.  

Aye, I've been keeping my eye on those character mods for Remake 2, I'm interested to see what they come up with for DMC 5 =P. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Aye, I've been keeping my eye on those character mods for Remake 2, I'm interested to see what they come up with for DMC 5 =P. 

Yeahhh ... from looking at the uncensored scenes, DMC5 has some good character models  

Unfortunately DMC was never as popular as RE in that way, either ... 

Well throughout the years Sony has proven to be a bunch of douchebags. They could care less about consumer feedback, but their damn shareholders like many companies. I´m done with consoles. They unworthy. Do yourself a favor ,save some money and get some decent laptop/desktop. If not bear with this despotic depictable company and their useless politics. Anyway consoles are loosing much money that they think censoring is the solution .Nothing but far away from truth. They even losing more and they think solution is gaming services for gays and sjws. Sony , and Nintendo aren´t doing so well. they depend too much on gaming so consoles for consumers aren´t anymore worthy the dough.