By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry V Review Thread - MC: 88 | OC: 88

Tagged games:

I'm currently in the process of playing through the games before 5 releases. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through 3.

Super excited for this game. Unfortunately I tried to pre-order too late and can't get it on the 7th, gonna have to wait on Amazon to deliver it probably pretty late on the 8th. Still, that just gives me more time to finish the games first

Hoping it falls at a realistic low 90's, but that's me being optimistic.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
John2290 said:

I'm going to plop down this 88 right here and hope for the best. With all the shitty releases lately and the disappointing titles In this genre and other action genres of the same slashy variety, I'd reckon this could do over a 90 depending on how many review it, still, I'll stick in the 85-90 range and lock in at 88, Doc.

“All the shitty releases”. What games are we talking here?

Anthem, Left Alive, Crackdown, Jump Force and Far Cry New Dawn perhaps?

He's probably talking about all the shitty games that launched in Feb 15 with the exception of Metro. 

Far Cry New Dawn was a let down and a very mediocre Far Cry game 

Crackdown 3 is a crappy game

Jump Force is utter garbage

Anthem is the biggest disappointment in gaming thus far in 2019

Not to mention Left Alive which released today is getting horrible reviews.

Not a great year for gaming thus far with only few notable titles such as Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Metro Exodus.

Here's hoping DMC 5 is great but keeping expectations low. 

Predicting 84-86. Going with an 85.

Mar1217 said:
It'll probably land around the 88-91 mark on MC unless there's a major core problem not seen yet in the game ... but honestly just for the sake of having microtransactions in your sp experience, I'd put it in the low 70's xD

That's kind of silly. Everyone who's played the game so far has said that it doesn't affect the game's progression at all. You literally get 30k orbs just for beating the free demo and 100k just for preording. The last time Capcom put microtransactions into a Devil May Cry game, they ended up increasing the amount of orbs you got from just playing the game, completely defeating their own point of having the transactions. And it's not like this is a soulless multiplayer game ... it's pretty clear there's been a lot of passion put into the project. 

I hate microtransactions to and they have no place in $60 triple A games but it's pretty shortsided to say something like that ... lol. 

Hiku said:
John2290 said:

Microtransactions? In DmC5? What in the... kick in the balls... ouch. 

Like in DMC4 Special Edition, you're able to buy red orbs and things like that with real money. Though based on the early build, someone at Kotaku said that the grind in both games appeared similar. So it does not appear to be a case where they increased the grind to incentivize people to spend real money. But just having it there for those who want it I guess.

It was such a stupid decision ... considering you get orbs so easily in-game I would not be surprised if Capcom lost more money having them in then not having them at all (though that's kind of unlikely given how much little work microtransactions are).

Around the Network

89 to 90 is my guess, judging from the demo this could easily be one of the best games this year.

It can go anywhere between 86 and 90, depending on the clickbait scores it might receive. From the demo it feels like a great DmC game, so hopefully it gets the score to match that.

My guess is 85

87 my guess

John2290 said:
melbye said:
My guess is 85

You win, PC is at 85 with the most reviews.... for now. Ps4 came in at 80 and has rose to 84 on 10 reviews so looks like you may win there too. 

The Xbox One has the most reviews and is sitting on 87.