By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry V Review Thread - MC: 88 | OC: 88

Tagged games:

John2290 said:
Keiji said:

Because I was waiting for this game and when I played the demo, I was pushed back by it's graphics lol.

Huh? Are you on PRO or OG? I've played the game in full on both and not once did I think Re2 was a bad looking game and even the performance is fantastic on both. Their is little difference without HDR on, PRO and a 4k display only makes it sharper and reduces ailsing while slightly bumping performance. It's only when you turn on HDR on PRO that a massive difference is brought out. 

Again, just to clarify are you on PRO or OG and what display are you working with? 

I'm on Pro of course. Otherwise I wouldn't cry about it.

It's just my opinion, I played RE2 demo, was disapointed with the graphics. I played DMC 5 demo, was blown away by it.

Around the Network

Question, I seem to own DMC HD collection on PS3 (still sealed) on PS4, and the definitive edition on PS4.... So seeing this is DMC5, I thought what about 4, and only seen a few copies on the web - didn't even know there was a 4/5... was that a general release some time ago? Anyone give me a bit of insight into 4... as it looks like If I'm going to get 5, I'd have to get 4 (can't have part of a collection.

I really should play them at some point :~|

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Question, I seem to own DMC HD collection on PS3 (still sealed) on PS4, and the definitive edition on PS4.... So seeing this is DMC5, I thought what about 4, and only seen a few copies on the web - didn't even know there was a 4/5... was that a general release some time ago? Anyone give me a bit of insight into 4... as it looks like If I'm going to get 5, I'd have to get 4 (can't have part of a collection.

I'm confused, you have DMC HD on PS3 ... on PS4? And you have the definitive edition, but not 4? 

Ok, so basically 1-3 are their own collection. They are the "PS2" era games and they were only ported a few months before DMC5 was announced (they were released in March of 2018 on PS4). 

Whereas DMC4 and Dmc Reboot both got special editions on PS4 back in 2015. 

You could have gotten a discount if you bought the DMC 1-3 HD + DMC4 bundle digitally. I'm not sure if they released all 4 in one disc physically. But you can just search up Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition PS4 and you should be able to see it. 

Alternatively, you can just watch Capcom's recap on their Youtube page and skip 4 ... I'm barely playing these games in time for 5 xD 

Madword said:

It's definitely recommended that you know the story from DMC 1, 3 and 4 before playing 5.
You could skip DMC1 as what happens in it is less crucial to the plot of 5, but it does give you further insight into some character that are in 5. And it may have more of a significance to 5's story than I realize since I haven't played 5 yet.

That said, DMC is the type of game where story is definitely less important than in some other games. But Devil May Cry 2 taught me that even in such a series, the story can actually impact my enjoyment of the game.

Speaking of which, DMC2 is a bad game, and has (seemingly) nothing to do with any of the other games, so it's an easy skip unless you really want to play it.
The reboot DmC: Devil May Cry also has nothing to do with any of the other games.

For DMC4, a Special Edition was released for PS4, XBO and PC.
You can also get DMC 1-4 in a special edition bundle digitally.

Last edited by Hiku - on 06 March 2019

thanks for the clarification/

Yeah im more a disk based guy (try to buy disks rather than digital). At the moment DMC4 is £50 odd quid, so might have to do a search for it elsewhere.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Yeah, Capcom is on fire.

Madword said:

Yeah im more a disk based guy (try to buy disks rather than digital). At the moment DMC4 is £50 odd quid, so might have to do a search for it elsewhere.

Since my last post I've learned of a couple of interesting DMC1 throwbacks in DMCV. One of which put a big smile on my face, as it was very unexpected. So while you would still understand most of the main plot without playing DMC1, it still adds a lot to the experience.

Not to shabby =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Madword said:

There is a Japanese physical edition of DMC4 on Play-Asia, and it is  not too expensive. I own this version. All dialogue and subtitles are in English, but tutorials and other information is in Japanese, but i never felt that this got in the way really

Nothing to see here, move along

Super reviews. Not my type of game but happy for it