By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead or Alive 6 has a $93 Season Pass

Tagged games:

That's bonkers. You basically have to pay 150 dollars for the full game (and that's counting just the first season pass)! Doesn't really surprise me, though, after Dead or Alive 5 had more than a thousand dollars in DLC (one costume pack alone costing $70). Does anyone even buy that?

B O I

Around the Network

Well, someone must buy it, else it wouldn't exist.

By the way, DoA 5 DLC was still dirty cheap stuff next to stuff like the Train Simulator game on Steam...

I hate this trend in fighting games. MK 11 has 18 confirmed characters for the main game plus 6 more for the season pass. So they've basically locked a quarter of the game behind DLC, when these 6 characters could have come out with the base game. It's nothing but content carving.

If they want me to buy their game on release they need to make sure it is complete on release. If games in other genres did this then 10 hours of content out of a 40 hour game would be locked to a "season pass".

I don't mind expansions, that's fine. But if your "extra content" is ready to be released six months after launch or earlier, then that reeks of content carving.

A man will go the distance for his anime titties.

I'm gonna say the exact same stupid answer that players -yes, players themselves- say to defend this: "Why do you criticize that for this game? Every game have a season pass! And they don't work for free, you know! And nobody said you were forced to buy them btw!!!".
So sad that every fighting games today are just free-to-plays. Incomplete games -sold at full price- with empty slots in the roster to fill up by paying all over again. Streamers get money from their viewers so they can buy those shits, that's why those season pass will never stop.

Around the Network

Yup, and I fear this is only the beginning. I expect more Ultimate/Last Round edition milkage as well. They could just release new characters individually as DLC, but nooooooooo, gotta lock them behind updates.

KManX89 said:
Yup, and I fear this is only the beginning. I expect more Ultimate/Last Round edition milkage as well. They could just release new characters individually as DLC, but nooooooooo, gotta lock them behind updates.

Street Fighter called

B O I

Nobody buy it. Send them a message that WE won't take it. Except me, ofcourse.
This is a definite buy for me but is the season pass really needed to use all fighters and or stages?

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Meanwhile, Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur VI's Season Passes are both $30 and offer more than what DOA6 has. What a ripoff. Also, no lobbies at launch either.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Nobody buy it. Send them a message that WE won't take it. Except me, ofcourse.
This is a definite buy for me but is the season pass really needed to use all fighters and or stages?

Its just 2 characters and like 60 some costumes. No stages. The only character conspicuously missing is gen fu.