By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Loot boxes added to Black Ops 4

Another day, another "fuck Activi$ion" thread. This time, they've added fucking loot boxes to BO4, and they didn't just add them, they fucking snuck them in post-launch after everyone's already reviewed and (sadly) bought the game so it doesn't hurt their bottom line:

Even worse, they fucking LIED about them. They said back in September that any supply drop items would be cosmetic only and they're now putting DLC weapons with in-game advantages in them. This on top of throwing in a $50 season pass, battle pass, microtransactions and RETICLES for a $60 game. *sigh* Activi$ion, do you pride yourself on being fucking criminals in addition to being colossal scumbags? False advertising is illegal in case you didn't know. 

But yeah, this great Reddit user has the right idea:

So Activision has added Loot Boxes to BO4. It is now a $60 game, with a $50 season pass, that also has a battle pass you can buy tiers on, direct purchases in game, and now supply drops. Seriously, stop buying Activision’s Games people.

Glad I didn't buy BO4.

Around the Network

I did enjoy Black Ops 4 for a while but it's hard to keep enjoying it when the game is constantly screaming at me to spend more money on it. And asking $50 for 4 maps of which 2 are absolutely horrible is just criminal.

Mar1217 said:
Rest assured, this money is going directly into the pockets of their CEO and investors instead of those who make the games happen, the devs.

Jim Sterling has the right idea: 

Chrizum said:

I did enjoy Black Ops 4 for a while but it's hard to keep enjoying it when the game is constantly screaming at me to spend more money on it. And asking $50 for 4 maps of which 2 are absolutely horrible is just criminal.

Is anyone really surprised, though? It's Activi$ion for sake of fuck. If you don't know to avoid like the plague anything by the evil 4 companies (EA, Acti, Konami, Ubisoft) by now, then you're pretty much inviting yourself to be conned with grindy/money-sucking bullshit or even illegal shit like, I don't know, false advertising. 

When will people learn that Activi$ion is Activi$ion and they'll never change until they stop buying their games (!)?

Who seriously expected the game to stay without them? They have become a staple of Activision's games. Next new Crash Bandicoot game will probably have them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Talk about perfect timing. Everyone is currently busy with EA, Bioware and the disaster that is Anthem so good ol' Activision took the opportunity to sneak in some loot-boxes.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

Is anyone really surprised, though? It's Activi$ion for sake of fuck. If you don't know to avoid like the plague anything by the evil 4 companies (EA, Acti, Konami, Ubisoft) by now, then you're pretty much inviting yourself to be conned with grindy/money-sucking bullshit or even illegal shit like, I don't know, false advertising. 

When will people learn that Activi$ion is Activi$ion and they'll never change until they stop buying their games (!)?

Why Ubisoft? They release good games and the game I'm currently playing, AC: Odyssey, sure has tons of content for your buck.

Of course there was. At this point that's just the basic expectation I have for most AAA titles, especially with these big 3rd party publishers like Activision, EA, WB and Ubisoft. It's just the state of the industry today, and that won't change until these actions actually begin to hurt their profits.

And in other news, water is wet.

Seriously, we're talking about Activision here, whoever didn't expect this to come was either blind or lying to himself. Same goes for EA, THQ and Konami, and to a slightly lesser degree, Ubisoft and Capcom. What they are doing ain't games anymore, but legal extortion. Time to follow Belgium and get rid of it!

CaptainExplosion said:

Guess the AAA in AAA title must mean triple asshole.

Absolute Apeshit Assholes would be my guess

Mar1217 said: 
Rest assured, this money is going directly into the pockets of their CEO and investors instead of those who make the games happen, the devs.

Funny you say that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbEtxD9nU6o

Source: https://www.asyousow.org/report/the-100-most-overpaid-ceos-2019

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 28 February 2019

Darwinianevolution said:
Who seriously expected the game to stay without them? They have become a staple of Activision's games. Next new Crash Bandicoot game will probably have them.

"Hello Activision customer support.... yeah I'm jumping on the crate but it just isn't breaking.... okay...... £1.99 to open them? no... just this crate? but it could have some lives in it or Fruit now? that's great, I'll take 200 crates plix!!"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The “in game advantage” you’re referencing is bonus XP. Aka worthless. The “battle pass” you’re mentioning when you bring up monetization.... is free.

I’m not a fan of Activision or CoD but this is just angry Internet white noise. Gotta have something to bitch about.