By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 9 Febuary 2019

simek said:

PS4 in 6th year and still above 200.000 weekly. 

Congratulations  to Switch.

Xbox 1  pulling almost the same numbers as 3 DS. The lunch for XBOX 2 is ASAP for Microsoft. The need to anounce Xbox 2 at E3 , to keep the interest in the brand. Right now PR is more important then games, as they are preparing for lunch next year. All the leaks, tweets, interviews and promises  are all to keep the Press and gamers interested in the brand (sadly not in the games).

they need games ASAP

Around the Network
oniyide said:
How long will it take the Switch to catch up to xbox one?

Honestly, with Pokemon and such, it could be this year. Definitely early next year.

OTBWY said:
oniyide said:
How long will it take the Switch to catch up to xbox one?

Honestly, with Pokemon and such, it could be this year. Definitely early next year.

I was thinking the same thing. End of the year. Crazy how fast they were able to catch up. 

DonFerrari said: 
Mar1217 said:
To be honest, is there a safe way to entrust the numbers we see for Europe ? I mean we see the PS4 being down everywhere else worldwide but it seems like Europe keeps being an unbreakable fort that ain't gonna flinch anytime soon. I would expect it to go alongside the general downward trend ...

So far we have USA and Japan corrected by NPD and MediaCreate, total is in line with Sony disclosures so the rest of numbers are either europe or ROW. So if you think Europe is to high and holding PS4 up, it would change to RoW doing it.

Not necessarily, what you are saying is true for sales through 2018 but doesnt really apply to 2019 sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ganoncrotch said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Yeah this year will be a huge year for the Switch for sure. Ps4 with a nice hold and man the poor XB1 smh. Should pick up in the next couple of weeks with all those deals again hopefully.

Crazy to think that if the deals were to increase the sales by 50% the machine would still struggle to breach 100k, would need to literally increase by 300% to reach the competitions figures.

Right that is just CRAZY smh.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Switch kicks butt for another week, good numbers. Once again I wonder what is keeping it at these numbers

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Switch kicks butt for another week, good numbers. Once again I wonder what is keeping it at these numbers

Looking at the top seller in the eshop right now..... Final Fantasy 9 seems to be doing the number 1 job of system selling.

Also I laughed that FFVII is number 22 in the charts... and the game doesn't launch for another month. ... I got my copy....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

zorg1000 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Last year for reference:

NSW-199,318 (+23.8%)

PS4-340,520 (-28.5%)

XBO-102,439 (-35.1%)

3DS-77,747 (-41.0%)

PSV-6,102 (-75.6%)

Very healthy growth for Switch.

Smash seems to have significantly raised its baseline. 

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Last year for reference:

NSW-199,318 (+23.8%)

PS4-340,520 (-28.5%)

XBO-102,439 (-35.1%)

3DS-77,747 (-41.0%)

PSV-6,102 (-75.6%)

I think the combination of 4 big games (Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go, Smash Bros Ultimate & New Super Mario Deluxe) releasing from Oct-Jan has really given it strong momentum.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

I think the combination of 4 big games (Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go, Smash Bros Ultimate & New Super Mario Deluxe) releasing from Oct-Jan has really given it strong momentum.

I'm not so convinced of Mario Party or NSMB, but yeah Let's Go definitely gave a push. I guess I just feel like Smash was the single biggest factor, particularly in terms of giving a long-lasting lift to the baseline. I mean it's one thing to spike sales briefly, but to raise a system's baseline in the long term requires a true megaton like Ultimate.