By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: MS to release Xbox Gamepass and Published titles on Switch

I mean...

Bring Killer Instinct to Switch.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Thanks Bowser.

MS + Nintendo is the (necessary) "evil" alliance many of us hoped for, as they cover each other's weaknesses.

Supermario28 said:

Don't know if this has been said already but everything has been CONFIRMED by jeuxvideo.com, n°1 video game website in France.
Cuphead and Ori confirmed, available to download on switch and one game between Forza, Halo or Gears of War. All of this in 2019.

+

2 new xbox consoles will be presented at E3 2019 hitting shelves in late 2020 with Halo Infinite as the launch flagship.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/1006588/xbox-et-nintendo-s-associent-des-jeux-xbox-debarquent-sur-switch.htm
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/1006598/projet-scarlet-les-deux-prochaines-xbox-devoilees-a-l-e3-2019.htm

The journalist leaking these news also says that E3 2019 wil have another huge announcement from microsoft that he can't disclose for the moment.

Perhaps this is the reason why Sony wont be at e3? The love between MS and Nintendo are too much to handle. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

celador said:
people are delusional if they think Nintendo are going to release their shit on MS next console.what MS get out of this is having a much higher install base for gamepass. nintendo don't need to give them anything other than that

Yeah. I think MS offered this idea to Nintendo without Nintendo giving something back. It is a Win Win situation for both side. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This is pretty sweet. Instead of an xbox handheld, we'll have xbox switch games. SONY = OWNED.

Around the Network

Whit all due respect... imho, gamepass and xcloud on switch will be almost irrelevant and of little to no impact, why you ask? Cause people buy nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games, not for streaming xbox games!!

And things like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. as "Ninty and Xbox exclusives"... not happening, ninty gains nothing whit this, in fact they will probably lose big time since this would reduce the value of "owning Nintendo haedware for Nintendo games". Ninty created a solid mensage for years, that "Nintendo games and hardware work together to deliver Nintendo vision", they are not going to throw this at the "windows"( terrible pun).

About MS porting some games to switch... that is something that can work, but only in high quality titles tha "feel like Nintendo game", like Ori.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 22 February 2019

celador said:
people are delusional if they think Nintendo are going to release their shit on MS next console.what MS get out of this is having a much higher install base for gamepass. nintendo don't need to give them anything other than that

Yes, I agree with this.

Though I think we could see something along the lines of Master Chief or some other Microsoft character in Smash, to promote their next game. But apart from that, nothing much else.

It's win-win for both sides. Ori and the Blind Forest and Cuphead are the type of games to sell very well on Switch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:
As long as my sub on xbox transfers to my switch im down.

Pretty sure it will if it requires you to own Xbox Live in the first place.

I think you will need to pay for Nintendo online service to make the Xbox App work. Add an extra $20 a years to play on Switch.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
That's cute or whatever, as long as no Nintendo IPs ever end up on an Xbox console.

Where is the problem though? More people would have the chance to enjoy Nintendo games. 

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

More like if anything they could go full third-party for Nintendo only

And PC.

Though if MS continues in this road, I can see them publishing their titles on PS in 5 to 10 years.

Agreed.  Not only would their games make more money there, as their audiences are more similar and want more powerful HW, but it will also be too big of an install base to pass up.