By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Nintendo Have a Scheduling Problem for 2019?

Which Game Do You Thing Will Most Likely Slip Into 2020?

Zelda: Link's Awakening 2 3.03%

Animal Crossing 9 13.64%

Luigi's Mansion 3 6 9.09%

Town 21 31.82%

Pokemon 8 12.12%

None 20 30.30%

Total:66

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 15 February 2019

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
The 2nd half of the year is definitely crowded for them unless some stuff gets delayed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either Animal Crossing or Pokemon gets delayed, sadly.

Delayed to 2020? I dobt think so. That would just mean that they will have no big games for the holidays

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pokémon can’t be delayed ever due to it being multi media.

The merch, anime, Pokémon go and the marketing are tied.

They literally have to make additional filler episodes if the main games are delayed and I don’t see that happening again! (It happened once)

Cerebralbore101 said:

Ominous 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Ominous 

Posted a bunch of stuff about why I thought some games should be delayed. Read your post, and was like... HOW DO DELETE? 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Ominous 

Posted a bunch of stuff about why I thought some games should be delayed. Read your post, and was like... HOW DO DELETE? 

Hahaha Glad I convinced someone. 

These are all the semi-realistic games we could possibly get next year: 

New Kirby Game 

Pikmin 4

New Retro Game

Mario Sports Game 

New StarFox Game

New Paper Mario Game

New 2D Metroid

New Mario & Luigi

New WarioWare 

New Wario Land

A Returning Franchise (Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment etc)

New Donkey Kong

Monolith's New Game (whether Xenoblade or new IP) 

Pokemon Generation 4 Remake (non-Let's Go)

Super Mario Odyssey 2

And that's not including possible third party exclusives like Shin Megami Tensei V, Rune Factory 5, Bravely Default 3 (No, the team that made Octopath is not the same), and Bayonetta 3. 

Now, I'm not saying that all of those games will come next year. They won't. But I do think that it's a little too soon to think that Nintendo is running out of games. Quite frankly, if something gets a delay, it's probably because Nintendo wants to stretch out the Switch's momentum as long as possible. I doubt they don't have the games to support next year, and if they don't ... then ... wow. That's not good! All I can say is that if Nintendo needs to delay games to make up for a lack of resources, they should have planned this out a lot better, especially considering they have a combined library and many studios that they work with.   

So yeah, I don't think it's happening. But I admit I'm scared now. Still, Hype Train! Hype Train! Astral chain! Astral Chain! 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 15 February 2019

I don't think so. Think back to the Wii and GameCube days where the only big games were coming out in the last quarter of the year. It sucked.
2005 comes to mind when RE4 came out in January and then...nothing until September and October when we got Battalion Wars and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance respectively.

Personally, I'm still playing Smash and playing catch up with SMO. And I got TSA:NMH to go through still. I don't mind that Nintendo's second half of the year is stacked as fuck.

Mar1217 said:

Without counting 2nd/3rd  party exclusive and multipats. I can certainly see a good chunk of your list be realized during year 4 and 5 of the Switch lifecycle.

Can't tell you how great this is !

Yes, Yes, YES! I agree with you! 

It's easy to forget how many big titles Nintendo could release for the Switch ... so I guess I understand the concern, but there's still so much yet to come out! 

And let's not forget: Monolith is probably working on two projects simultaneously. I could honestly see a game of theirs releasing in 2020 and another one in 2021. 

Also, small note, I'm pretty sure that Rune Factory 5 was confirmed in a Japanese interview to have a goal of a 2020 release. Probably a small amount of Rune Factory fans on this site but ... yeah ... that's one third party exclusive possibly for 2020. 

They do. There's very little in 1st-party content until June. Sorry, ports don't count as adequate enough content. Plus, the delay habit is coming back. In 2017 and 2018, Nintendo had few to no delay announcements. Now we have Metroid Prime 4 restarted (no release date ever, but this pushed it back 1-3 years at least), Mario Kart Tour delayed from Q1 of 2019 to the summer, and Fire Emblem delayed into July 26th.

Super Mario Maker 2 is the first Nintendo release of 2019 that I plan on getting.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima