By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Corporate media of the Democrats and Republicans are pro-war, drowning out anti-war voices

Terrified of anti-war voices in America, the corporate media of both the Democrats and Republicans do everything in their power to obscure it

This has been a repeating pattern before every war, and the results are always the same, invasion, civilian deaths, countries left in chaos 

Is it possible this time in the era of social media that anti-war voices will be heard and added to the national debate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qndjjv9kmeY 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKv9pU1kPFE 

Last edited by Rab - on 14 February 2019

Around the Network

I guess most here are ok with just hearing pro-war commentary :/

Rab said:
I guess most here are ok with just hearing pro-war commentary :/

Just noticed this thread and no i always hate how they try to influence the mass into justifying wars.

I'm also pro-war.

Considering how much I love war games, I'd be a total hypocrite to say otherwise =)

Although, medieval warfare. The gun type is boring and depressing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'm not a pacifist, I do think there a cases where war is justified. I'm very glad that the US got involved in WWII or else my country would be way worse today. But since the korean war most of the wars the US were involved were disasters.

Around the Network
MrWayne said:
I'm not a pacifist, I do think there a cases where war is justified. I'm very glad that the US got involved in WWII or else my country would be way worse today. But since the korean war most of the wars the US were involved were disasters.

I'm not happy my country got involved with WW2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
MrWayne said:

I'm not happy my country got involved with WW2.

well I think "getting involved" is not the right terminology here

Well, as a not-american I usually feel like not involving into american politics. But the US is also involved in more armed conflicts than any other country in the world. This is worrisome. Insofar I would prefer american politicians who want to reduce their involvement in conflict around the world.

The US media mostly is also worrying in that regard, it is true they are mostly positive towards military involvement. And this stuff about NATO-countries should spend 2% of their GDP for military is outright bullshit. The same politician demanding that would outright fight against a similar proposal to put 2% of the GDP towards education. They would say that is unaffordable. So the future is unaffordable, but the same money for destruction is fine. This is not right.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

If the relatively recent political side of youtube is any indicator, the future is looking up. Majority of them regardless of their place on the political compass are anti-war. Warhawking seems to be only acceptable MOSTLY in older generational circles for repubs and dems.

Thank You all for your responses

I recently found this important clip from the UN Security Council high-lighting US foreign interference Worldwide, particularly with the use of violence