By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda's Link's Awakening Remake announced for Switch!

Tagged games:

Looks good, never played Link's Awakening before, so i'll definitely be picking it up when it drops.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Biggerboat1 said:
I think the art-style of the cut-scenes and the gameplay clash - they should have picked one or the other - seems very odd choice to me...

They're staying true to the original which had the same discrepancy 

I've not actually played the original, but googling it brings up this comparison: 

So is a bit of a departure though i agree with you that their intention is to go for a similar(ish) style for the cut scenes.

I think I'd have either gone the whole hog and either a) made the cut scenes the exact same style as the GBA version (so 8-bit) so that it retained the retro feel or just had it match the gameplay - which I actually think could have looked awesome - think mario + rabbids cutscenes!

Zelda games in this style are my favourite I'm so excited for this and that art style, Gorgeous!

So... I'm getting a Switch now!

The original was my first Zelda and probably still my fave. I still need to give Breath of the Wild a go as well.

I will say what I said on the official LoZ thread: They chose the wrong game for a remake. They should remake the first 3 LoZ games.
I still play the original LoZ game. It is such an amazing game and It deserves a remake so that newer generations of gamers get to play it.

I can only hope that this remake, at least, marks a beginning for remakes of older LoZ games.

Around the Network

I would really like to see a remake of the Oracle games after the remake of Link's Awakening. :D

i would really like to see any 2d zelda remade as a full 3d 3rd person adventure game. that'd be a day one for me.

Biggerboat1 said:
I think the art-style of the cut-scenes and the gameplay clash - they should have picked one or the other - seems very odd choice to me...

Though I really like the game play art-style, which is the more important one I guess!

most ppl have no clue where i got my screen name or remotely understand it.  i have to ask. do you at least kinda get it??

CarcharodonKraz said:
i would really like to see any 2d zelda remade as a full 3d 3rd person adventure game. that'd be a day one for me.

Imagine a remake of the original LoZ using the BOTW engine!! 

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I would really like to see a remake of the Oracle games after the remake of Link's Awakening. :D

I loved the Oracle games! They were my favorite Zelda games for a while. The way they connected was amazing, and I'm still bummed out that they never released the third game :(

MAYBE IF THEY REMAKE THEM THE THIRD GAME WILL BE MADE OMGSH!