Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda's Link's Awakening Remake announced for Switch!

Tagged games:

Here's a comparisons of the Remake vs the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mctma5_Z7G0

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

I'm really starting to like this clay motion art direction they've gone with.

Zelda is changing art styles all the time and it's what keeps it so fresh. They are not afraid to challenge our conventions. I like this clay motion blocky art direction.

CladInShadows said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Every game after the original is technically a "sequel" according to the timeline. I say Link Between Worlds is a re-imagining because it shares so many attributes of LTTP, while being it's own entity simultaneously. 

The original takes place fairly far into the future of the entire timeline, so no they're not all technically sequels.  Only Zelda II is a sequel to the original.

Looking at the timeline again you're right. Though looks like ALBW was a direct sequel to Link's Awakening not LTTP. 

God the art direction on this game is so good! Coming out of nowhere suddenly I'm hugely pumped about Zelda this year!

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
CladInShadows said:

The original takes place fairly far into the future of the entire timeline, so no they're not all technically sequels.  Only Zelda II is a sequel to the original.

Looking at the timeline again you're right. Though looks like ALBW was a direct sequel to Link's Awakening not LTTP. 

Yeah, I guess I was only kinda right.  Link Between Worlds is called a successor to Link to the Past.  Link's Awakening is the direct sequel to Link to the Past.

The artstyle is so cool! I hope they also remake Oracle of Seasons/Ages using this engine!

I'm quite pumped for this. I do hope they add some new stuff and not just give us the same game with updated graphics.

forest-spirit said:
The artstyle is so cool! I hope they also remake Oracle of Seasons/Ages using this engine!

The Oracle games are so underrated, I have a particular affinity for Seasons. Could be a cash cow for Nintendo, release both at the same time like Pokemon. Zelda fans would gobble it up

Game is now up to date in the Database, you can put it on your VGC wishlist:
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/223547/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening/?region=All

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread