By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda's Link's Awakening Remake announced for Switch!

Tagged games:

Holy shit that art style is awesome.
When the trailer started I was put off by the fact that we were ending on another anime/weeb shit style but I was so happy to be proven wrong.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

It's a little thing, but I like that you can attack diagonally; one of my peeves with Link to the Past was the inability to do so.

The game looks pretty sweet and i never played the og. Never really been a handheld guy. Gonna be really annoyed when it's confirmed to be a $60 game though. If any 2d zelda were remade as a 3d one (3rd person, not isometric) i'd be beyond stoked. Modernizing old gems can be awesome. Resident evil 2 being, probably, the best example. Looks cool, like i said, but unless it's $40 at launch it'll be a pass until a price drop 6yrs from now.

I actually really love the art style. It reminds me in a way of those old christmas movies. The ones that look like claymation(were they clay?)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

CarcharodonKraz said:
The game looks pretty sweet and i never played the og. Never really been a handheld guy. Gonna be really annoyed when it's confirmed to be a $60 game though. If any 2d zelda were remade as a 3d one (3rd person, not isometric) i'd be beyond stoked. Modernizing old gems can be awesome. Resident evil 2 being, probably, the best example. Looks cool, like i said, but unless it's $40 at launch it'll be a pass until a price drop 6yrs from now.

That's already confirmed, sadly. I dont get how a remake of an original gameboy game should even be $60.

Remakes like Ratchet and Clank and Shadow of the Colossus have clearly higher production values and are still priced $40. Add to the fact that it's quite possible that this is a 3DS game that changed platforms midway (if rumors are to be believed), it's too bad that they're gonna charge 60 bucks.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I think the art-style of the cut-scenes and the gameplay clash - they should have picked one or the other - seems very odd choice to me...

Though I really like the game play art-style, which is the more important one I guess!

Biggerboat1 said:
I think the art-style of the cut-scenes and the gameplay clash - they should have picked one or the other - seems very odd choice to me...

They're staying true to the original which had the same discrepancy 

PwerlvlAmy said:
I actually really love the art style. It reminds me in a way of those old christmas movies. The ones that look like claymation(were they clay?)

I think you are talking about the Rankin Bass movies. 

Stuff like Rudolph for example:

They look like claymation in many shots do the fluidity, but as far as I can tell they're just miniature dolls with the films made in stop-motion. Could be wrong though. They often look like claymation to me. 

Edit: Yeah, they're apparently just little puppets. That's crazy.

Glad someone else sees it, I kept saying it looked like those movies lol.

too bad I already completed links awakening on the gbc. seems like a straight remake with nothing new. now if they would remake the oracle games which I haven't played yet. now I'm conflicted, should I get the oracle games on 3ds vc or wait 2-3 years for a possible remake.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I think you are talking about the Rankin Bass movies. 

Stuff like Rudolph for example:

They look like claymation in many shots do the fluidity, but as far as I can tell they're just miniature dolls with the films made in stop-motion. Could be wrong though. They often look like claymation to me. 

Edit: Yeah, they're apparently just little puppets. That's crazy.

Glad someone else sees it, I kept saying it looked like those movies lol.

Yeah its the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I was like that's pretty hype

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick