By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do Vaccines increases the rate of Autism?

Please stop listening to professional idiots. There is absolutely no correlation between vaccines and autism.

Thanks to the anti vaccines movement, measles that thought to be extinct is on the rise again.
You are deliberately endangerouring your own children if you believe this nonsense.

If your child dies because of an illness that could've been easily prevented by vaccines then you should be put in jail for at least 10 years and never ever get children for the rest of your life.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

I truly believe the mercury in vaccines contributed towards Autism! I have read various articles and research online that supports my claims. What do you guys think: Vaccine increases the rate of Autism?

Back in the good old days before Vaccines were created as far as I know there were no one with Autism or any other defect to be blamed on Vaccines because they were not invented. I live in a country that mandates Vaccines and the rates of Autism and other conditions have risen sharply since Vaccines were introduced and later mandated by government onto society. 

Mercury is lethal if consumed in high doses and can lead to birth defects. Autism and various bad conditions are caused by mercury. My view is this you ban Vaccines that have mercury in them and  The governments also mandate fluoride in water and that is used as mind control over people as shown by the Germans in World War 2.

Why are  government poisoning us citizens with Mercury in Vaccines and Flouride in Water as mind control. 

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this issue.

Wow. Is this a joke or troll post? Anyways, some information about that.

First of all, mercury is sometimes used as component in vaccines (mainly in the form of thiomersal), but in many vaccines there aren't any mercury components at all. So in most cases the fear is unfounded anyways. But I come to the possible effect on autism in a hort time, and this is a very interesting story about fraud and greed that leads to the death of thousands to this day.

Second, autism exists probably as long as humans exist. But the syndrom was described only in recent times, before these people were just declared insane or did live undetected. The rising number of autism-diagnoses has to do with the fact, that medicine learned a lot about autism in recent years and is now better equipped to detect autism.

And now for the link of autism and vaccines, and oh boy, that is a biggy. Andrew Wakefield was a british doctor, who in 1998 released a scientific paper in Lancet proposing a link between autism and some vaccines, namely MMR (a combination vaccine for Measles, Mumps and Rubella). Andrew Wakefield increased the fears by demanding the retraction of MMR. The publicity lead to other researchers looking into that possibility, but no other research team could reproduce the findings, meaning they all could find no link between the vaccination and autism.

This developed into a scandal, as it became known over time, that Wakefield got money from solicitors looking for reasons against vaccines and that he applied for a patent for an alternative vaccine to MMR. So direct financial gain for Wakefield could be tied to his article.

In 2009 it came to light, that Wakefield manipulated results and patient data to produce the link. The investigations following these allegations lead to the retration of the article by Lancet in 2010. The General Medical Council found Wakefield guilty of serious professional misconduct and struck him off the medical register (meaning he isn't allowed anymore to practise as a doctor). This fraud is generall seen as a shame to medical sciences.

Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. made this more public in the US and took the controversy to mercury and thiomersal. In 2005 he wrote an article named Deadly Immunity published in Rolling Stones and Salon. The article got under heavy critiscism for scientific problems. For this alleged link too were conducted a lot of scientific studies, which could not show a link between autism and mercury-based components in vaccines.

The controversies lead to a reduction in the acceptance of vaccines. This lead to a comeback of some infections. Namely for measles the effect is very strong. Here data from the US (sadly I found no graph combining the years, but you see in the first graph the rise of measles in the late 2000s and in the new graph that this stays):

In 2011 died worldwide 158,000 people because of measles. As this is completely avoidable through vaccination, the number is mind-boggling. For other illnesses you have a similar effect of the vaccination fears.

In effect I have to say, that Andrew Wakefield and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. are murderers, because of their greed and denial of science thousands of people worldwide die to this day, which could have been avoidable. In my opinion both men need to be incarcarated.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I will never understand people like anti-vaccinators, flat earthers or evolution deniers, there's plenty of proof against them proving their ideas wrong, but at least the last two don't put the health of people around them at risk.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I will never understand people like anti-vaccinators, flat earthers or evolution deniers, there's plenty of proof against them proving their ideas wrong, but at least the last two don't put the health of people around them at risk.

They think that facts are just another opinion and scientific theories just theories.....

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

"Do Vaccines increases the rate of Autism?"

No.... they have done enough studies trying to find out if that was the case, and it just isnt.

It must be a negative correlation as the number of vaccines is going down while autism diagnosis is on the rise ;)

https://vaccinesworkblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/there-is-no-autism-epidemic/

One more tidbit of info

A vaccine containing 0.01% thimerosal as a preservative contains 50 micrograms of thimerosal per 0.5 mL dose or approximately 25 micrograms of mercury per 0.5 mL dose. For comparison, this is roughly the same amount of elemental mercury contained in a 3 ounce can of tuna fish.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

I truly believe the mercury in vaccines contributed towards Autism! I have read various articles and research online that supports my claims. What do you guys think: Vaccine increases the rate of Autism?

Why do you even care?

You won't be vaccined at your age (either you already are vaccined or not, you can't change that anyways) and going by your other threads you probably won't have children where you have to decide about vaccination.

And when they changed certain diagnostic criteria for ADHD, the number of cases here went up sharply, probably a pang of sudden onset genetic mutation in the general population suddenly bursting out across a generation. With the updates of diagnosing manuals, perspective changes more than anything. As for autism not existing before vaccines; well, that's simply not the case, the main difference is that it had no known cause and pathology or psychological housing in contemporary medical literature and knowledge. Plagues were a punishment from god, pneumonia was a death sentence with no possible treatment besides prayer, cocaine and heroin was common in cough syrup and other concoctions and people with milder psychiatric symptoms were deemed stark raving mad and locked in asylums where a slew of inhumane, and moreover; inefficient, treatments were administered. There are still medicinal cultures in the world today that believe that a good cure for headaches and migraines is slapping the head while chanting and surrounding the head with smoke from incense.

Bottom line; history is filled with people who don't understand how even basic things work, especially when it comes to more advanced fields such as internal medicine or neuropsychiatry and neurobiology/neurochemistry. I work with youth with neuropsychiatric disorders such as autism, ADHD and Tourettes syndrome, the perpetual myths and ludicrous conspiracy theories surrounding these disorders are in no way helping anyone. It's an excellent way of justification and redemption though, coming to terms with someone breaking your child with a syringe is a much easier swallow than them being born a certain way and subsequently brought up in an environment that fails to cater to their heightened needs. Psychosocial problems are also exceedingly common among these kids, compared to the average youth.

Anti vaccination proponents are literally costing human lives, don't feed the trolls.

PS: You can find "research" and "science" that backs up creation theory as well, usually linked to, funded by or even "researched" by individuals, groups or organizations with deep ties to and high stakes in creationism.

Anti vaxxers are fucking dumb, no way around it. They are simply some of the most unintelligent people on the planet