Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft Considering Expanding Xbox Live to other platforms including Nintendo Switch

How would that even work without hurting Nintendo in the long run?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Considering how shite Nintendo's online service is, I'd love to see Microsoft step in and do it right.....but it won't happen.

The Switch may be my favorite current console but I'd wager 10 years from now Nintendo's online service is still a decade behind everyone else.

Unless MS suddenly ports Halo, Gears, and Forza to Switch, I don't see this doing anything. Games can have crossplay without having XBL on Switch. So what exactly would the point be? How does putting XBL on Switch help MS?

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

This is why Microsoft is looking amazing right now. They have stepped away from pushing Xbox, and have started pushing Games. This new idea of developing more games, and allowing people to play on any platform they choose is what will push Microsoft over Sony and Nintendo. People don't like being locked down to a single device, or a single level of experience. No one wants to be left out of the party, and no one that can afford it wants to be limited to a one size fits all box.

Microsoft is on point with bringing XBL services to other platforms. With Cloud Saves, Achievements, and Friends Lists across every device you own, Microsoft will have the best value of anyone in the industry bar non.

I really hope Nintendo is open to this, or has plans to expand their hardware portfolio. Either fight, or join. Same goes for Sony. I like competition, but to have competition companies have to fight. I don't want to see Sony and Nintendo roll over and die like they did with Portables.

Anyhow, I look forward to GDC. This will be an interesting topic. I am sure a lot more is to come as well.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'll start by saying I'm pretty ignorant.

Does this mean Xbox games on the switch? Or does it only apply to the handling of online functionality?

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
How would that even work without hurting Nintendo in the long run?

How does this hurt Nintendo?

It removes a major infrastructure development and maintenance burden, and gives it to a pre-existing expert. In addition, Nintendo gains extra royalty revenues since the games are still being licensed to Switch.

Microsoft in turn gets to tremendously expand their platform to a potential 100+ million more customers within 5 years, and without the need of expanding the Xbox hardware user base.

It’s kind of win/win.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

nevermind

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

As an Xbox fan if they have xbox games and games like titan fall 2 with devs that say they dont care for switch I see titanfall devs getting pissed off. and voilating the devs that never agreed to such thing I see them sueing Microsoft because they never intended there game to be on Switch . but I might be wrong and this is just a replacement for nintendo online for xbox live on switch ? and not games whatsoever

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

KBG29 said:
This is why Microsoft is looking amazing right now. They have stepped away from pushing Xbox, and have started pushing Games. This new idea of developing more games, and allowing people to play on any platform they choose is what will push Microsoft over Sony and Nintendo. People don't like being locked down to a single device, or a single level of experience. No one wants to be left out of the party, and no one that can afford it wants to be limited to a one size fits all box.

Microsoft is on point with bringing XBL services to other platforms. With Cloud Saves, Achievements, and Friends Lists across every device you own, Microsoft will have the best value of anyone in the industry bar non.

I really hope Nintendo is open to this, or has plans to expand their hardware portfolio. Either fight, or join. Same goes for Sony. I like competition, but to have competition companies have to fight. I don't want to see Sony and Nintendo roll over and die like they did with Portables.

Anyhow, I look forward to GDC. This will be an interesting topic. I am sure a lot more is to come as well.

Looks like MS is throwing in the white flag to me. And Sony won’t play with them so they’re going with Nintendo. Soon there won’t be an Xbox console. But if this avenue is profitable for MS then why not?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Nintendo would be foolish to allow such a thing to occur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.