By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FY Q3 Results (Switch 32.3m LT, Smash Bros 12m, Pokemon 10m..)

RolStoppable said:
colafitte said:

I won't say the names because i don't want to and i don't need to. I'm not upset about what people called me as much as you saying i wasn't right to be honest.....

What is so wrong about saying Switch will fight to reach 17M shipped??? If Nintendo reached the goal of that 17M, is precisely because they will fight to do it, from my point of view. If a team wins a tournament, even if is expected to do it, they have to fight for it.

You and me don't know the number for sellthrough sales, so i can't say i'm right and you can't say i'm wrong yet. The only number that we can use to prove is shipment numbers, and sorry, i could not be more specific about the number i expected. I said it multiple times. 9-10M shipped for Q3, 2-3M shipped for Q4, so 32M total shipped by Q3, 12-13M shipped for the rest of the year, and i specifically said i expected 17M shipped by FY.

I don't know how you can not admit that...

"Partially right and partially wrong" means that you were right regarding some points, but wrong on others. It has been acknowledged from the beginning that you were right on some things. "Fight to reach 17m" has to be another victim of the language barrier, because it actually means that someone has to work extra hard to accomplish a certain goal. But Switch hasn't received a price cut and the release schedule has been far from well-rounded this fiscal year, so it's far from fighting; most people would probably call it coasting to 17m because Nintendo hasn't been making much of an effort and fiscal Q4 only reinforces that with its release schedule.

You came into this thread as if you had had a clean sweep (i.e. right on everything) and therefore deserve an apology for what you've been called in the last few months. But since you were partially wrong too, there's no good reason why you should get an apology for everything. The lowballing in particular is something that you continue to do in this thread.

I hope that cleared things up a bit, and if you aren't going to name names, then this has pretty much run its course. Of course you are free to get in your final words, but afterwards it's for the best if the thread returns to the topic of financial data.

The apology isn't because of they thinking it would sell 20M and he saying 17M. But because people were saying he was a troll and hater for saying it would do 17M or that it wouldn't outsell PS4 in this year sales.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
colafitte said:

I've been called a hater, biased, lowballer, pessimistic, sony fanboy, to have an agenda, and a few other things that i don't remember now for months but I guess i was living in the right dimension after all.....

To all of you that called me that...THANK YOU.

Lol, you act like you're the ONLY one who thought Nintendo would miss their target. Many Nintendo fans includung have been predicting around 17-18m the entire time. 

How many of these Nintendo fans were called haters and trolls?

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Looks like Pachter was right.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-are-confident-we-can-reach-our-goal-of-20-million-units-for-switch-says-reggie-pachter-disagrees-and-says-they-will-fall-slightly-short.86434/

All hell will freeze... but perhaps we can help ourselves and say the slightly short would be shipping 19M and then Patcher being still wrong. But he gave us a scare this time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Despite lower than anticipated hardware, still an excellent result and amazing software sales.

Q1-Q3 2nd full FY
3DS-12.7m
PS4-15.4m
NSW-14.49m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Darwinianevolution said:
"total number of million-seller titles during this quarter was 20, including the titles of other software publishers, 8 of those 20 million sellers came from third parties"
Dammit, now I am really curious to know the full 3rd party list. Also, this confirms Captain Toad reached the million, right?

Captain Toad shipped 1.05m, it said so in their supplementary information document. With Wii U+3DS skus it's probably close to 2.5 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DonFerrari said:
RolStoppable said:

"Partially right and partially wrong" means that you were right regarding some points, but wrong on others. It has been acknowledged from the beginning that you were right on some things. "Fight to reach 17m" has to be another victim of the language barrier, because it actually means that someone has to work extra hard to accomplish a certain goal. But Switch hasn't received a price cut and the release schedule has been far from well-rounded this fiscal year, so it's far from fighting; most people would probably call it coasting to 17m because Nintendo hasn't been making much of an effort and fiscal Q4 only reinforces that with its release schedule.

You came into this thread as if you had had a clean sweep (i.e. right on everything) and therefore deserve an apology for what you've been called in the last few months. But since you were partially wrong too, there's no good reason why you should get an apology for everything. The lowballing in particular is something that you continue to do in this thread.

I hope that cleared things up a bit, and if you aren't going to name names, then this has pretty much run its course. Of course you are free to get in your final words, but afterwards it's for the best if the thread returns to the topic of financial data.

The apology isn't because of they thinking it would sell 20M and he saying 17M. But because people were saying he was a troll and hater for saying it would do 17M or that it wouldn't outsell PS4 in this year sales.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lol, you act like you're the ONLY one who thought Nintendo would miss their target. Many Nintendo fans includung have been predicting around 17-18m the entire time. 

Non-sensical question

zorg1000 said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Looks like Pachter was right.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-are-confident-we-can-reach-our-goal-of-20-million-units-for-switch-says-reggie-pachter-disagrees-and-says-they-will-fall-slightly-short.86434/

If by right you mean, right on his 3rd guess than I guess.

He originally said it was on track to do 8 million then changed it to 13 million before finally getting it right.

That's what I love about certain individuals that come troll the switch. They act like quick ly and think they are right because it didn't reach 20 million, when their prediction was originally much much lower at the start of it all. 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
DonFerrari said:

Non-sensical question

He is complaining about being called a troll and hater for stating 17M sales forecast for the year for like over 6 months. You said like he can't complain because some Nintendo fans also predicted lower than 20M and dismissed his request... so how is this a non-sensical question?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

RolStoppable said:
Darwinianevolution said:
"total number of million-seller titles during this quarter was 20, including the titles of other software publishers, 8 of those 20 million sellers came from third parties"
Dammit, now I am really curious to know the full 3rd party list. Also, this confirms Captain Toad reached the million, right?

The quote is wrong. The stats aren't for the quarter, but the nine months of the current fiscal year. Just to get possible confusion out of the way.

As for Captain Toad, we'd have to go over the list of Nintendo games. SSBU, Pokémon, Mario Kart, Odyssey, Splatoon, Zelda, Mario Tennis, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Party, Kirby Star Allies; those ten games are confirmed. Confirmed below 1m: 1-2-Switch, Xenoblade, ARMS.

The two remaining spots can go to Captain Toad, Labo Variety Kit, Xenoblade's Torna expansion and possibly the Nintendo-published Hyrule Warriors and Octopath Traveler, but I don't think they'll be counted like that. Captain Toad and Labo are the two most probable options.

DonFerrari said:

So something that didn't happen in the first place? I am sure that troll and hater comments were directed at quickrick and I am quite sure that multiple people pointed that out on the days it happened.

Your certainty is wrong, myself have received some of these monikers on the predictions of Switch doing closer to 17 than 20M since the time of Nintendo forecast.

Wow. That´s a lot of info! Thanks for sharing...

Am I the only one who still don´t believe in 1,2,Switch sales numbers ????? It´s insane how such poor recieved game has sold so much!....

I thought they would hit 20 million, but I also thought they would have a January direct and better Q4 lineup. Both wrong. So I would revised down my 2019 prediction and multiple other things. That is the problem with Predictions they require things to happen to make them come true lol.

Pavolink said:
Call me pessimistic, but I hope the revised forecast is because they want to over deliver in the FY earnings. If not, this quarter is going to be very rough.

They haven't anything announced for this quarter that would shift major hardware? And its looking less likely a direct will announce anything significant so it makes sense if they're being Conservative.