By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FY Q3 Results (Switch 32.3m LT, Smash Bros 12m, Pokemon 10m..)

CGI-Quality said:

⚠️

Nothing wrong with getting a prediction right, but a few of you are trying to turn this into an us vs them and that's just not needed. I get feeling vindicated (in fairness to you, I, too, went through a time where I was mocked for a prediction during my early days here ~ the biggest, in fact). The difference? I had no need to review those insults. I was vindicated in getting it right!

You should simply feel good that you got yours right, while also giving credit where due (Nintendo deserves it 100% for righting the ship ~ remember many of you did the same with the PS4 coming from the PS3).

Just consider that and please let the thread stay on track.

Words of wisdom, like always. I was just asking for some tolerance in this site.  If i was wrong i would admited publically with humor and moving on. I said that there are people who know where my comments come from, but there are others who i had polite and insightful discussions about sales, even from opposite sides and they've been wonderful, even changing my mind in some regards and i won't name them but they know who they are too. So it's possible to do that way, and i prefer that way.

I'll do my part. In fact, i'm already doing it because  i stopped the discussion from my part (Rol did the same) and i recognised (as i always do) Switch doing great too. In fact, if anyone  wasted any time searching my comments about Switch performance for hardware and software sales here the last few months they will only find  "impressive", "super impressive", "good", "super good", etc comments about it. In fact, i've been way harder on PS4 performance than anyone else....but i have that blue avatar with a 4 on it so the comments don't generate the same reactions.

This site is still the best to discuss sales and i keep my opinion on it. 

Around the Network

So out of the 22 million sellers on Switch, 7 of them are 3rd parties.
We obviously know that Octopath Traveler is one of them, what are the other 6?

My guessese
- Skyrim
- FIFA 18
- Crash N Sane Trilogy
- Sonic Mania
... That's the best I can come up with, I got no clue about the other two.

DonFerrari said:
RolStoppable said:

"Partially right and partially wrong" means that you were right regarding some points, but wrong on others. It has been acknowledged from the beginning that you were right on some things. "Fight to reach 17m" has to be another victim of the language barrier, because it actually means that someone has to work extra hard to accomplish a certain goal. But Switch hasn't received a price cut and the release schedule has been far from well-rounded this fiscal year, so it's far from fighting; most people would probably call it coasting to 17m because Nintendo hasn't been making much of an effort and fiscal Q4 only reinforces that with its release schedule.

You came into this thread as if you had had a clean sweep (i.e. right on everything) and therefore deserve an apology for what you've been called in the last few months. But since you were partially wrong too, there's no good reason why you should get an apology for everything. The lowballing in particular is something that you continue to do in this thread.

I hope that cleared things up a bit, and if you aren't going to name names, then this has pretty much run its course. Of course you are free to get in your final words, but afterwards it's for the best if the thread returns to the topic of financial data.

The apology isn't because of they thinking it would sell 20M and he saying 17M. But because people were saying he was a troll and hater for saying it would do 17M or that it wouldn't outsell PS4 in this year sales.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lol, you act like you're the ONLY one who thought Nintendo would miss their target. Many Nintendo fans includung have been predicting around 17-18m the entire time. 

How many of these Nintendo fans were called haters and trolls?

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Looks like Pachter was right.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-are-confident-we-can-reach-our-goal-of-20-million-units-for-switch-says-reggie-pachter-disagrees-and-says-they-will-fall-slightly-short.86434/

All hell will freeze... but perhaps we can help ourselves and say the slightly short would be shipping 19M and then Patcher being still wrong. But he gave us a scare this time.

Pachter's prediction was 16-17 million. That "slightly short" is just misleading.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

PAOerfulone said:

My guessese
- Skyrim
- FIFA 18
- Crash N Sane Trilogy
- Sonic Mania

Stardew Valley and Minecraft maybe?

colafitte said:

Switch is going to be adjusted down, just give it time...

It just got adjusted up.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
colafitte said:

It just got adjusted up.

Wait what? Where? 

Wait ... for the Nintendo Fiscal Year predictions or for VGC?

PAOerfulone said:

My guessese
- Skyrim
- FIFA 18
- Crash N Sane Trilogy
- Sonic Mania

If I had to guess:
- FIFA 18
- Skyrim
- Crash Trilogy
- Mario + Rabbids
- Minecraft
- Super Bomberman R
- Stardew Valley

I didn't put Octopath Traveler because I don't know if it counts since 1m of its sales came from Nintendo publishing it.

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

Remember when you said that you didn't care if LABO didn't have a long life and that Nintendo would be happy if it only sold a few million? ;)

Yes, I remember, and I stand behind that, but is that Labo didnt sold few millions. ;)

:D

Btw, another day, another rumor on a Switch revision. Let's see who wins that prediction! :D

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

It just got adjusted up.

Wait what? Where? 

Wait ... for the Nintendo Fiscal Year predictions or for VGC?

VGC numbers, it got adjusted up close to 200k. 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
colafitte said:

It just got adjusted up.

Hahaha, i saw it earlier.... I guess VGC hates me.

If VGC shows Switch ended 2018 with 30'3M then, there's only 1'9M on shelves after shipping more than 9M in a month?....Excuse me but i doubt it. Probably there's more adjustments left. Last year Switch shipped 14'86M shipped total and around 7'5M shipped in Q3, with a lot of news everywhere saying there was no stock for Switch and still there was around 1'7M on shelves. If you ask me, there should be at least 2'5M on shelves and more close to 3'0M.