By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are people excited for Microsoft's E3 2019?

A lot of reasons why. I found MS E3 last year to be really good. The presentation, game announcements, and pacing was great. MS knows gamers had generally very positive reaction to E3 2018, so I expect them to go with something similar.

We will see more gameplay and release date of Gears 5 (Yes, I'm very excited for this game.) Hopefully some more Halo Infinite news and possible gameplay, Ori gameplay and release date, and Battletoads release date. Phil Spencer already said we will hear more about what Ninja Theory is working on this year, so E3 2019 is likely. Maybe something else from one of the new developers they acquired. MS isn't done expanding their 1st party developers so I'm sure one or more acquisitions will be announced.

With Phil saying they are going big this year for E3, bigger than last year, it's hard for me not to get excited.

Around the Network

Its a great way to find out whats coming to the PS4 in the future

two things.....

First Vocal minority.

Second.... you know next gen is right around the corner when everyone starts talking about how great MS is going to be and how much trouble sony is in. Happens every time.

Microsoft now has a total of seven new studios, so there's a chance that the same number of new games will be announced this year.

And yes, I know that most likely these games won't release this or next year (even thou some of these studios said that they were already working on something at the moment of the purchase) but to that I should remind you that Death Stranding, Days Gone and TLU2 were announced in 2016.  And Nintendo even "won" E3 2017 with just a logo (A LOGO!).

Not to mention the fact that we haven't really seen anything from Battletoads and Halo Infinite so the fans of those franchises are eager to see more of them.

But I gotta say, if E3-2018 did nothing for you (like really, when was the last time that ANY company announced the purchase of five studios all at once?) then there's a high chance that nothing they do this year will do anything for you either.

E3 in general is always exciting.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Well..

-Gears 5 Full Trailer.
-Gears Tactics (Xcom type game) is a really different kind of game, and very good addition to the Xbox library
-Ori 2 can be a great game if is better then the original (My most wanted game)
-Halo Infinity gameplay video and new details.
-Battletoads Trailer (A solid beat n up is other good addition to the library of Xbox and add some variety)
-More original xbox games added to Backward compatibility (Personally, a use this feature a lot,because i like clasic games)
Maybe some teaser of new games from the new studios and some news of the new xbox, plus all the third party new games trailers.
And i can dream of a Recore 2 announcement and Myst Walker acquisition.

Sorry for my bad english..

Because they will show many games? And even if they will be on other platforms it won't change that we will see games?

Or are only exclusives nice to hear and see about and a game which will also release on PS4 won't be something to be excited for?

Cerebralbore101 said:
flashfire926 said:

Pillars 2 needed 550k copies sold to break even, but it only sold 110k. A fifth. Thats it.

For Forza... the Honda Civics would the pistols, and the lamborgini aventadors would be the ak47’s, dont you think?

99% of people cant afford/own a supercar. They cant do junps without sustaining injuries, they cant break the speed limit without the cops being on them, they cant drift with ease, etc. A normal man cant do these things.

Do you live in a mansion with lots of money to blow through, in the top 1%? Cause if not, this is not even close to 1:1 recreation of how people drive on roads.

There’s nothing wrong if you prefer racing games with weapons. However Forza Horizon is far, FAR, from 1:1 recreation of real life. Infact its much more on the arcady side than simulation.

I feel bad now. I waited on Pillars 2 because I was planning on getting it for my PC, but I wasn't going to play it until a long loooooong time from the release date. So I was waiting for a big sale. 

Even a game with AK47's would be boring to me though. I've been there, and done that with Goldeneye. 

I get your point though. You can race some high end cars that you would never get your hands on in real life. Maybe I'll pick up a Forza game again, and see if I can get into it. I tried Forza back on the 360 and found it to be really boring. I was just racing cars, and upgrading them, and that was basically it. If I remember correctly (it was a decade ago) I had to grind the normal cars just to unlock the Lambos and cool stuff. 

Racing games arent everyone's cup of tea, and that perfectly fine. I would advise skipping the Motorsport games (the ones about track racing, more grounder in reality, the one you likely played on the 360), and play the horizon games. It's open world, with more arcadier handling, open world, different types or terrain to drive on with a progression system which it at the exact opposite end, where you get good cars pretty quickly. In fact so much so that the progression feels somewhat non-existent, which is one of my complaints of the game. Other than that though, you'll be in for a good time.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Cerebralbore101 said:
flashfire926 said:

1) The Initiative is a brand new studio. Playground Games have never released anything for a non-xbox platform,, same with Undead Labs, so they werent really "taken away". Obsidian was likely on the brink of closure with ho horribly bad Pillars 2 did. Also this isnt big bad Microsoft stealing studios. The studio's decision should also be respected, they accepted to be bought out when they had no obligation to do so.

2) Forza Horizon is not even close to realistic. What do you mean by "cool stuff"? Horizon lets you pull off big jumps, if that's what you were wondering.

3) So you would rather watch different conferences for Warner, Activision, Square, BamCo, etc instead of having all the announcements in a single one? dofferent folks, different strokes, I guess

Ok yeah, then their acquisition of studios is fine. How badly did Pillars 2 do? If Obsidian was going to shut down, then its a good thing for MS to scoop them up. 

Let me be a little more clear on my dislike of Forza. Imagine a platformer where you just play as a normal human being. You have no special powers, no extra jump height, you can't do parkour. It's just a normal random guy off the street jumping from place to place. Does this sound fun? How about an FPS where there are no killstreaks, no weird guns that would never exist in real life, no flashbangs, etc. You just play as a normal guy again off the street. He has no special powers, there are no grenades. It's just a mundane game where you just shoot people or things with your pistol. Does that sound fun? 

Well, this is how I feel about racing games where there's no Blue Shell, no machineguns to fire at other cars, no flying cars, no futuristic cars, etc. What I'm trying to say is I don't like games that are a 1 to 1 recreation of real life and nothing more. Games like that are boring. 

Maybe you should think smarter or play Forza before calling it a 1-1 recreation of real life. It hardly is, Not everyone is driving hypercars in the open streets or across fields going 400+ km/h. No one is drifting about everywhere or taking jumps off large cliffs. This is game is above real life in everyway that you can put Bunny Girl Senpai (anime) all over any car of your choice, and drive it however you want with no rules whatsoever to stop you from having fun. It is by far the best racing game in existence, there is no argument against that.

Idk why you can't just say you hate good racing games, and prefer boring kitty racers like Mario kart. Instead of trying to describe something you know nothing about.

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 29 January 2019

We got a squidward over here lol

Why I’m excited tho

-halo
-new studios
-ninja theory’s new game
-battletoads

Not expecting anything next gen... maybe a hint at most

2020 will definitely be more hype but there’s reasons to get excited for in 2019