By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem demo impressions

Just maxed out level, feels like a mix of Destiny, Division and Warframe like what I've been reading people say, the M+KB on flying and swimming is a turn off, but after using a DS4, everything works fine, really easy to adjust, people keep complaining this is the same old game everyone has been playing, and yet, people are having a hard time to adapt, anyways, this won't be a day one, but will watch reviews if end game is better than Destiny 2, might get it in the future, matchmaking on any level/dungeon is a plus for me, just like most if not all classic MMOs. (Storm is best Javelin, @ me all you want, you're still wrong ).

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Boring and repetitive like all multiplayer games, even more pronounced combined with the most boring and repetitive genre. I'll give the game a month or so when the crowd fall asleep and get fed up with microtransactions and the incompetence of EA/Bioware.

Well... I was super excited for this game... BioWare is my favorite developer by a long shot... but my experience with the demo has soured me a bit. First of all, it was pretty broken, couldn’t log in the first day at all and after encountering four infinite load screens I ended up quitting. From what I played, the gameplay seems pretty smooth, should be fun with four people you know... but there lies the catch... playing by yourself or with strangers was not very fun... also, it didn’t really feel like a BioWare game to me. I have it preordered and I’m gonna get it... but the demo kinda killed my hype for this game... makes me sad... bring on the next dragon age/mass effect game BioWare!

I didn’t expect much, but I’m still disappointed with the demo.

Heavily downgraded graphics (PC Ultra). Consoles are showing abysmal performance. Even the X1X version runs really bad with drops to low 20ies and looks nothing like the render trailers.

shallow writing, uninteresting characters

male protagonist voice is annoyingly generic

Lifeless feeling hub and world

Really annoying load times

Bad mouse and keyboard support

No map

No DS4 support

Playing alone is possible but bored me after two hours already

Few graphical glitches and pop ups

Surprisingly none of the connection problems that everyone else is having.

All in all pretty meh. I can see it become a good game one day, but it feels like they are still a year off.

Sadly it fully confirms to me that Bioware really died 8 years ago already. Despite the nice art style this game seems to have nothing of what I used to love about their games.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 02 February 2019

Didn't like it, will not be buying that's for sure.

Around the Network

Just started downloading it. Will give impressions later.

John2290 said:
 there is a short ass tether to your party

There was one moment when I was in freeplay that it said. "You are leaving the mission area, returning to your party." I wasn't doing a mission or in a party. Confused me.

Hmm, pie.

no thanks

Went for a 2nd run, still don't like it. Deleted the demo….
Well, that's that. Moving on.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:

Combat is just holding the shooting button and occasionally throw a grenade or shoot rockets, that's it.

This has mostly been my experience in the first couple hours as well. The core combat is pretty basic and unengaging. Enemies don't do anything interesting; you just move to avoid getting overwhelmed and keep shooting.

I just unlocked the Interceptor though, so I'll give that a chance before I write the game off.