By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ZhugeEX "Xbox One sales around 41m"

Kerotan said:
curl-6 said:

Well, it's not like Xbox One is going to instantly stop selling when its successor comes out. The 360 sold about 5 million units after the Xbone's release.

OMG we are not saying that lol. Re read what we said. 

Why even use "before it's successor comes out" as a benchmark at all instead of lifetime sales?

Around the Network

Only 41 million? I'm an Xbox fanboy and I was worried it wasn't even that much!

curl-6 said:
Kerotan said:

OMG we are not saying that lol. Re read what we said. 

Why even use "before it's successor comes out" as a benchmark at all instead of lifetime sales?

I dunno we we're just having a conversation. 

Anyway guys, i made a thread for 2018 Spain numbers for all consoles. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/thread.php?id=239092

Random_Matt said:
MS only have themselves to blame, anyone liking their streaming ambition?

Right now MS is just like a headless chicken as far as their xbox division is concerned.

They are literally doing the whole throw everything at the wall and see what sticks approach.

Make super cheap streaming only box. Make mid tier $300-$400 box and then make enthusiast tier $500-$600 box.

And after 3 years on the market the NS would have outsold the XB1.

Oops

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

50 million lifetime sounds very achievable to me, I think it's lowballing a bit to suggest it won't reach this number.

It may be limping along relative to its competitors but its not like the Wii U where sales were at an absolute snail's pace. 5 million this year and 4 million beyond that shouldn't be too difficult. There's even room for price cuts; making the S $200 and the X $350 permanently could help keep sales rolling until their replacement arrives.

Heck, I'm honestly still skeptical we'll see Nextbox/PS5 in 2020 at all, it would not surprise me at all if they hold out til 2021.

Xbox one had multiple revisions to sell just 40 million. (Xbox one S, X, multiple storage configs & SKUs, limited editions etc)

The Wii U got only one so far. (The switch).

So Wii U won.

BlackBeauty said:
curl-6 said:

50 million lifetime sounds very achievable to me, I think it's lowballing a bit to suggest it won't reach this number.

It may be limping along relative to its competitors but its not like the Wii U where sales were at an absolute snail's pace. 5 million this year and 4 million beyond that shouldn't be too difficult. There's even room for price cuts; making the S $200 and the X $350 permanently could help keep sales rolling until their replacement arrives.

Heck, I'm honestly still skeptical we'll see Nextbox/PS5 in 2020 at all, it would not surprise me at all if they hold out til 2021.

Xbox one had multiple revisions to sell just 40 million. (Xbox one S, X, multiple storage configs & SKUs, limited editions etc)

So Wii U won.

Not going to derail the thread with a lengthy discussion on this, but the notion that the Switch is a Wii U revision is as absurd as the suggestion that PS4 is a PS3 revision.

I kind of think Microsoft is treating the XB1 very much like how Nintendo treated the Wii U. When it was getting near the end, it got little support because they were gearing up for the Switch. Well XB1 isn't getting many exclusives anymore, but we know they just bought several new studios. Put those things together and it seems like Microsoft is planning to have a very strong launch/first year for its next console.

Also, I don't understand why so many people say the release is going to be in 2020. Does this come from an insider, or is this just one of those "facts" on the internet where you repeat a lie enough times until it becomes the truth?

I often see VGChartz sales numbers used in other articles on other sites. Maybe the XB1 numbers should have been purposely under tracked, even enough so that it would be embarrassing to MS to have those numbers used and spread across the net, hopefully forcing them to offer updated more reliable data? If sites like this are over tracking XB1 sales, then MS has pretty much zero reason to publicly say otherwise. The downside of course would be that it wouldn't exactly look good on VGChartz to have numbers 'knowingly' that far off, just in the hopes of MS coughing up the legit count.

BlackBeauty said:
curl-6 said:

So Wii U won.

As we all know, the WiiU is just an add on to the Wii. Wii to sell 200 million and become greatest selling console ever?