By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia Gets SALTY

Jensen Huang, the big man at NVIDIA, the head honcho, the big cheese, the boss, gets real SALTY about AMD's new Radeon VII GPU, and it's cringy.

Source: PC World - https://www.pcworld.com/article/3332025/computers/nvidia-disses-the-radeon-vii-vowing-the-rtx-2080-will-crush-amds-underwhelming-gpu.html

PC World was interviewing Jensen at CES 2019, and asked him of his thoughts about AMD's new tech. This is what he has to say:

He went on to comment about Lisa Sue, who is the big boss over at AMD and about her presentation. He said:

Lisa Su responded to these comments.

I like Lisa's response, it was more professional. But seriously wth is happening? I would expect something like this only on consoles but this is hilarious. lol

Ahh.. I see now, of course he is salty.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 12 January 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

You do not seem to understand, AMD's next GPU lineup is terrible. Actually so bad in fact, people will skip this refresh or pay the top dollar for 2070 and beyond.

Random_Matt said:
You do not seem to understand, AMD's next GPU lineup is terrible. Actually so bad in fact, people will skip this refresh or pay the top dollar for 2070 and beyond.

I think you don't understand the point of my OP.

Is this salty behavior from Jensen or not?

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 12 January 2019

Probably more salty that they won't see an almost guaranteed 120M+ sales from the PS/Xbox lines again.

I do find it interesting that AMD had Xbox onstage and then later announced the Radeon VII, and used it to run FH4. Wonder if this is what XB2 is getting, while PS5 gets Navi.

thismeintiel said:
Probably more salty that they won't see an almost guaranteed 120M+ sales from the PS/Xbox lines again.

I do find it interesting that AMD had Xbox onstage and then later announced the Radeon VII. Wonder if this is what XB2 is getting, while PS5 gets Navi.

holyshit I haven't thought of that.

Around the Network

Salty yes, truth also yes. Nvidea is light years ahead of AMD at this stage.

Azzanation said:

Why does he have to be salty if it's true?

deskpro2k3 said:
Azzanation said:

Why does he have to be salty if it's true?

Marketing, showing the world Nvidea is better. 

Maybe salty, but definitely true. You can't just keep adding more raw power to GPUs and expect things to progress, that will hit a ceiling very soon. Instead, focusing on implementing features like ray tracing, is the key to progress in this field.

If I remember correctly, I think Jensen was fairly snarky back when the XB1 and PS4 were announced to be exclusively AMD powered. With Phil/XB on stage, I'm sure that didn't help matters. With ray tracing being as new as it is in the consumer space, RTX is going to need much more positive PR for a while, something previous Nvidia products haven't really needed to worry much about for quite some time now.