It will sell...

Less than 1 million 1 1.75%

1-2 million 6 10.53%

2-3 million 29 50.88%

3-4 million 16 28.07%

4-5 million 4 7.02%

Over 5 million 1 1.75%

Total:57

How much do you think the game will sell lifetime, and what's your reasoning?

EDIT: Crap, just realized, does the fact VGC will no longer track software after 2018 mean we'll never really know?

Around the Network

I think 3-4 million which will make it one of the better selling games. Graphics are good still a niche game.

2-3m is my guess

I'm gonna tap into my inner tbone and go 4-5 million. There hasn't been a Yoshi game that has broken 4, or even 3, million since SMW 2: Yoshi's Island on the SNES. And even then, I'm pretty sure a big reason why it sold that much was because it had the name "Super Mario World 2" in front of it.

But so far, the Nintendo Switch has been the system that has provided a number of #1 Best Selling Games in a number of franchises: Zelda - Breath of the Wild, 3D Mario - Odyssey, Splatoon - Splatoon 2, Xenoblade - XC2, Mario Tennis - Aces, and Smash Bros. - Ultimate, to name a few. Hell, it can even be applied to 3rd parties, FIFA 18 is the best selling FIFA game on a Nintendo system, with just the first entry on an install base that is far less than what the Wii had the last time that happened. And if FIFA 19 keeps tracking like it has, then that will become the best selling FIFA on a Nintendo system.
Plus, Kirby Star Allies and Super Mario Party have a shot at becoming the best selling games of their franchises. I expect the same to hold true for Yoshi.

I'm going to say 3-4 million. It's a chill laid back cutesy platformer which I think will appeal a lot to the Switch's handheld audience. It has a good bit of competition though, but most of them are ports, hopefully it's unique art-style as well as being brand new title will help it from that.

Plus you can ride a Yoshi with another Yoshi.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

EDIT: Crap, just realized, does the fact VGC will no longer track software after 2018 mean we'll never really know?

We will know, any Nintendo game that ships over 1 million in a given fiscal year is stated in their reports.

Also there is a member on Resetera (Celine) who appears to have updated shipment data for games Nintendo doesnt publicly announce.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-software-and-hardware-sales-data-from-1983-to-present.2725/

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Guessing 2-3M

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

curl-6 said:

What?! When was this announced? I had no idea VGC was going to stop tracking software... Why?

Green098 said: 

Now that's just perverted 

Kirby was underwhrlming but Yoshi gives me good vibes, I think it'll be close to 4M LT