By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch passed 7m sold units in Japan

Really impressive, NS is surely the current big gaming thing in Japan and it's not a fad, it will remain this way for at least the next two years. Ninty found the way to save the home console, and probably the whole console gaming, in Japan, and the portable in the rest of the world.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Miyamotoo said:

Pls, link.

That would definitely be a proof. :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/matpiscatella/status/1084547913055780864

Who is this guy to just know that info? Should i be following him?

Nogamez said:
MasonADC said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/matpiscatella/status/1084547913055780864

He’s apart of the npd, he does the monthly NPD reports

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Really impressive, NS is surely the current big gaming thing in Japan and it's not a fad, it will remain this way for at least the next two years. Ninty found the way to save the home console, and probably the whole console gaming, in Japan, and the portable in the rest of the world.

Sometimes, it's just nice to read clean, wholesome posts like this  

Shit, this thread was fecked up XD.

Anyway Nintendo did a good job with the Switch but am bit dissapointed with known releasedates so far. They have this huge pile of announced games but this quarter feels so dry, Is it possible they still announce some games for this quarter? Would be dissapointed if they only have Nindies/Multiplatform/low sales games till Yoshi.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

Anyway Nintendo did a good job with the Switch but am bit dissapointed with known releasedates so far. They have this huge pile of announced games but this quarter feels so dry, Is it possible they still announce some games for this quarter? Would be dissapointed if they only have Nindies/Multiplatform/low sales games till Yoshi.

Maybe they were banking on Travis strikes again? Although it doesn't appear to have been reviewed very favourably.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

MasonADC said:
Nogamez said:

He’s apart of the npd, he does the monthly NPD reports

Nice to know thank you

peachbuggy said:
konnichiwa said:

Maybe they were banking on Travis strikes again? Although it doesn't appear to have been reviewed very favourably.

Well yeah doubt it, it was kind of expected that the game wasn't aiming to be a masterpiece, at this point it really feels like they had nothing else for this quarter so just asked to rush the Yoshi game probably do the same with Kirby/Mario aces update the game later with free stuff.

Ofcourse as a gamer I want to be wrong and hope to see a Nintendo Direct tomorow that announces some games.

konnichiwa said:
peachbuggy said:

Well yeah doubt it, it was kind of expected that the game wasn't aiming to be a masterpiece, at this point it really feels like they had nothing else for this quarter so just asked to rush the Yoshi game probably do the same with Kirby/Mario aces update the game later with free stuff.

Ofcourse as a gamer I want to be wrong and hope to see a Nintendo Direct tomorow that announces some games.

+1

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
konnichiwa said:

They never banked on that game to begin with Suda delayed it to January to avoid being steamrolled by Smash, as far as releases go this week we had the Vesperia and Onimusha remasters alongside NSMBU with indie title Dragon Marked at the end of the month.