By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Announced for Switch!

Tagged games:

PwerlvlAmy said:
This actually confuses me. Of all games to bring over,why this one. I wasn't aware there was a demand for it, at all. Maybe im out of the loop

I think it got picked since they aren't porting monster hunter world.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
This actually confuses me. Of all games to bring over,why this one. I wasn't aware there was a demand for it, at all. Maybe im out of the loop

I bet it was you that told them to do this. You can't fool me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Wyrdness said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

It's Capcom the is no logic they're just picking games at random.

Really? DMC5 team are the developers of Dragon's Dogma; DMC5 is nearing completion. Where do you think they're going to next? DD2 is most likely in development and they're testing the waters with a potential Switch version. Nothing random about that.

looks like my kind of game. Will get it if it releases physically.

1doesnotsimply

Xxain said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Wyrdness said:

It's Capcom the is no logic they're just picking games at random.

Really? DMC5 team are the developers of Dragon's Dogma; DMC5 is nearing completion. Where do you think they're going to next? DD2 is most likely in development and they're testing the waters with a potential Switch version. Nothing random about that.

This definitely random. a port of a 6 year old game isn't random, when there's more viable games in recent years that could've been ported. You're basing your ''its not random'' on a what if. ''DD2 is most likely in development'', but we don't know that.  So we can't say this is a testing of the waters moment.

At this time at face value for what it is, it does look like its a random pick because there is no high demand for this game nor a port. More games is great, but at this point in time without a hint of DD2, it does seem like a rather odd choice 

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
cycycychris said:

Your not suppose to share these mod secrets :/

Now everyone knows I havesome shit on a capcom executive.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

cycycychris said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Your not suppose to share these mod secrets :/

Now everyone knows I havesome shit on a capcom executive.

Let's just hope that people scroll by this little talk and never see it. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
Xxain said:

This definitely random. a port of a 6 year old game isn't random, when there's more viable games in recent years that could've been ported. You're basing your ''its not random'' on a what if. ''DD2 is most likely in development'', but we don't know that.  So we can't say this is a testing of the waters moment.

At this time at face value for what it is, it does look like its a random pick because there is no high demand for this game nor a port. More games is great, but at this point in time without a hint of DD2, it does seem like a rather odd choice 

Lets ignore my first response and focus on yours.

Random Port of a 6 year old game...why would CAPCOM choose this?...hmmmm. If you pay attention to porting/remaster behavior, especially in Japan, you will find they never bother with IP's they don't plan to use in the near future.  Just connecting the dots.

cycycychris said: 

Well this announcement came out of no where. As long as its a cheap, I'll certainly get this on Switch.

Well, there are rumors of a Nintendo Direct coming this week.  Sometimes right before a direct a few games leak out, because the developers just can't contain themselves.  So this might be confirmation of the direct rumors.  Or it might just be a coincidence, who knows?

My kingdom for RE4 on Switch.