By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Announced for Switch!

Tagged games:

For a minute there i got all excited when i read Dragon Age. Then i realised i misread it and it was Dragon's Dogma…

Don't see this being even a little relevant. The game didn't do that well (euphemism!) on PS4 and XB1...

Around the Network

Aaaah ... that's not RE Umbrella Chronicles remaster there :(

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

It's a great game....IMO. Looooved DD:DA last gen on PS3, and have the remaster for PS4 in my queue. Very nice, and I might add, practical, pickup for the NS.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Xxain said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

This definitely random. a port of a 6 year old game isn't random, when there's more viable games in recent years that could've been ported. You're basing your ''its not random'' on a what if. ''DD2 is most likely in development'', but we don't know that.  So we can't say this is a testing of the waters moment.

At this time at face value for what it is, it does look like its a random pick because there is no high demand for this game nor a port. More games is great, but at this point in time without a hint of DD2, it does seem like a rather odd choice 

Lets ignore my first response and focus on yours.

Random Port of a 6 year old game...why would CAPCOM choose this?...hmmmm. If you pay attention to porting/remaster behavior, especially in Japan, you will find they never bother with IP's they don't plan to use in the near future.  Just connecting the dots.

Capcom isn't known as a company to make sound or logical decisions.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'll assume is digital only for now.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
This actually confuses me. Of all games to bring over,why this one. I wasn't aware there was a demand for it, at all. Maybe im out of the loop

It's Capcom's way of taking advantage of the success of the Switch with as low effort as possible by porting last-gen and earlier gens games. Capcom has released 18 titles with Mega Man 11 being the only one that is not some kind of collection or port. I'm frankly really annoyed by it

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
This actually confuses me. Of all games to bring over,why this one. I wasn't aware there was a demand for it, at all. Maybe im out of the loop

It's Capcom's way of taking advantage of the success of the Switch with as low effort as possible by porting last-gen and earlier gens games. Capcom has released 18 titles with Mega Man 11 being the only one that is not some kind of collection or port. I'm frankly really annoyed by it

Seems kinda counter productive to take advantage of the switches success by releasing a game no one is going to buy and is guaranteed not to sell to whatever number they're hoping for. Which I hope is really low 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

........BEST. PORT. EVER!

Ride The Chariot

cycycychris said:
Baddman said:
really liked this game on my 360 Might pick it up if its 20 or below

Its seems to be $30.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/8/18173687/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-nintendo-switch-release-date

damn. I guess I shouldve known better after they releases sf2 hd for 40 bucks. Either way I'd recommend this game it was rough but man was it awesome.

d12lewis should be happy I think I remember him wanting a port on switch. or was it a sequel

Never even heard of this game, before looks really good though!! If it plays aswell as Skyrim port ill pick this up