By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should take more risks with the Mario characters

Agreed, here are some risky/out there games I'd love to see on the Switch:

1) A Bowser open world adventure game set in a huge map where he can conquer different lands with his Koopa Legions. Could be set up like Shadow of War/Morder.
2) A "Mario Villians" game (like Lego DC Villains). Maybe Mario and gang have been captured by worse villians (new ones) and the old ones have to stop them.
3) Paper Luigi game set during The Thousand Year Door.
4) A new Paper Mario game like TTYD, with tons of new characters and races, not like the last two with just Toads everywhere.
5) Donkey Kong 64 sequel. The fur needs to be pristine and on point. Does this count as a Mario game? lol
6) Yoshi's Story 2
7) HD remake of original three Paper Mario games, sold as one game with traditional controls changed for Super Paper Mario).

I feel like all of these are things unlikely to happen, but I would love any of them.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:
Agreed, here are some risky/out there games I'd love to see on the Switch:

1) A Bowser open world adventure game set in a huge map where he can conquer different lands with his Koopa Legions. Could be set up like Shadow of War/Morder.
2) A "Mario Villians" game (like Lego DC Villains). Maybe Mario and gang have been captured by worse villians (new ones) and the old ones have to stop them.
3) Paper Luigi game set during The Thousand Year Door.
4) A new Paper Mario game like TTYD, with tons of new characters and races, not like the last two with just Toads everywhere.
5) Donkey Kong 64 sequel. The fur needs to be pristine and on point. Does this count as a Mario game? lol
6) Yoshi's Story 2
7) HD remake of original three Paper Mario games, sold as one game with traditional controls changed for Super Paper Mario).

I feel like all of these are things unlikely to happen, but I would love any of them.

^THIS!!

You like them all? I enjoyed using my imagination on this, but I would seriously love to play any of these lol.

TheBraveGallade said:
I think they just played it safe while they had the burning ship named Wii U and the early engine problems that the plane named 3ds had. Last gen was literally the generation they HAD to play safe.
With consolidating and a successful platform they are far more likely to be experimental.
Hell both BoTW and SMO are both pretty experimental in themselves.
I'm hoping to see wario land and Mario strikers.

Not to mention Mario&Rabbids. Almost everybody dismissed the leaks as fake because nobody could wrap their heads around that idea, but it did work out pretty well.