By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Of Us: Part II Releasing In 2019?

Will Last of Us: Part II Release In 2019?

Yes 14 48.28%

No 15 51.72%

Total:29
XD84 said:
Launch game PS5 in 2020.

And Sony miss out on the 90 Million + install base of the PS4? That's a stupid thought... Those kind of decisions get people fired.

Yes, it'll come out in 2019. Probably October. And just because Sony won't be at E3, doesn't mean they won't be at Gamescom, TGS & PAX.

I love how people act like E3 is the only convention that happens for video games...

Around the Network

Why not? It looks close ot being done.

whether this year or next spring/summer, TLOU2 will launch before the PS5. It will still be marketed alongside the PS5 (because the magical PS5 plays your PS4 games at 4k, 60fps if devs allow it) but there will be no PS5 remaster, the game will continue to sell for years and well into next generation.

Everything you see is running on a PS4 Pro, the base game will look the same but 1080p/Dynamic resolution.

Yep, same goes for the FFVII Remake....although with that game, there might not even be a PS4 version.

Believe it was PS4 Pro, maybe you are right. HZD/GOW have shown what you can do on shit HW, we will see.

Around the Network
twintail said: 

So what besides the TloU and UC remasters have made them killer money? And you do realise that profits from remasters are a drop in the ocean to what they make off game services and networking right?

Nothing will really stop Sony from doing BC and remasters side-by-side. They can release TloU2 this year (doubt it but who knows), get a Lost legacy esque expansion made and have the game re-released with both the main game and expansion combined only on PS5 (the re-release with all content doesn't come to PS4), and with some bell and whistle upgrades. Done.

If your console supports BC than you will shoot yourself in the foot with selling the remasters. Because like Steam and Xbox, gamers would expect quility of life improvements for free. Remasters only really work if the system isnt BC. Why do you think TLOU RM sold so well on PS4? (Besides the forced bundling) because there was no other way in playing it. 

In this case, Sony have major competitors offering free upgrades to games much like the X and Pro versions. If you start trying to milk games by re selling them while the games work on the platform, this will create noise from angry consumers wanting these improvements for free, much like how every one else is doing it.

Azzanation said:

If you start trying to milk games by re selling them while the games work on the platform, this will create noise from angry consumers wanting these improvements for free, much like how every one else is doing it.

So you never heard of "Game of the year edition" , or other re-release of games on the same platform with additional content or slight improvements?

It's already a usual thing, no-one is angry about it. 

Shiken said:
RaptorChrist said:
So people seem to think it's going to be a PS5 release? I can't imagine them *not* releasing it on PS4 what with the massive install base.

After seeing what BotW did for the Switch launch, I would not be suprised if they ignored the high install base of the PS4 to achieve a MASSIVE PS5 launch.

This is truly what they should do. They’ve found massive success with ps4. Massive success with ps5 is not a guarantee, however; the past two generations have shown this with the switching of the throne taker. 

MS is hungrier than I’ve ever seen them, and Phil Spencer is knocking it out of the park with his vision and delivery. MS is all but confirmed to be releasing Halo Infinite as a cross gen launch title for xbox two, and I would put a lot of money down that this Halo is gonna be huge (e.g. see the number of years in development vs. all other Halo games). Sony NEEDS their big hitter in TLOUp2 to also be a launch title for ps5. TLOU will also have multiplayer, which will make it that much more competition to halo. 

pitzy272 said:
Shiken said:

After seeing what BotW did for the Switch launch, I would not be suprised if they ignored the high install base of the PS4 to achieve a MASSIVE PS5 launch.

This is truly what they should do. They’ve found massive success with ps4. Massive success with ps5 is not a guarantee, however; the past two generations have shown this with the switching of the throne taker. 

MS is hungrier than I’ve ever seen them, and Phil Spencer is knocking it out of the park with his vision and delivery. MS is all but confirmed to be releasing Halo Infinite as a cross gen launch title for xbox two, and I would put a lot of money down that this Halo is gonna be huge (e.g. see the number of years in development vs. all other Halo games). Sony NEEDS their big hitter in TLOUp2 to also be a launch title for ps5. TLOU will also have multiplayer, which will make it that much more competition to halo. 

Halo already lost part of its image during this gen though...

Sony just need BC for the PS5. It will keep the huge PS4 userbase more interested in the PS5 by default (can sell the PS4, keep the games). There will be operations with "Bring your PS4 back for a cheaper PS5", as it's usually the case with new gens.

And it will also be interesting for people who didn't take the PS4. Even for people who chose the Xbox One, you can't deny that the big PS4 exclusives are attractive. "If you choose the PS5 over the Scarlet, you will also be able to enjoy Spiderman, Horizon and God of War that you missed before". Good selling point. 

Phil Spencer is just a PR guy, he didn't really do anything good in the last 10 years, he won't do a lot better for the Scarlet. I've been saying that for years, but I still don't understand how people can put so much faith in him, failure after failure. The only good thing is that they bought more studios, but the output of their current studios has been disappointing on the One, they need to change their way of managing the dev teams more than they need new studios (more freedom for the studios, less "multi-player and game as a service are the future so shoehorn this in your game"...). We also know that buying a Xbox is useless if you have a computer, which wasn't clear yet when the One launched. MS need to finally prove than they can follow their "We understood you" PR with actions.

The only "throne switch" we had was with the PS3 launch, because of the price and PR fails. If the consoles are close in price and features, Sony has the advantage thanks to its better image and usual returning userbase (lowest selling home console ever above 80M...).

Last edited by Faelco - on 07 January 2019

pitzy272 said:
Shiken said:

MS is hungrier than I’ve ever seen them, and Phil Spencer is knocking it out of the park with his vision and delivery

This made me lawl so hard. You do realize this is the guy that cancelled Scalebound (the X1's only prominent exclusive RPG) and has delayed Crackdown 3 three times. He was also the one who canned couch co-op in Halo 5. Yes, his vision and delivery is SO GREAT....