By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Of Us: Part II Releasing In 2019?

Will Last of Us: Part II Release In 2019?

Yes 14 48.28%

No 15 51.72%

Total:29

Former IGN editor may have spilled the beans:

https://extra.ie/2019/01/07/sport/sport-extra/last-of-us-part-ii-will-launch-in-2019-says-former-ign-editor

What do you think- will it release this year? 

Around the Network

Nope, not even a chance.

Nope, the base PS4 is not capable of running it, my opinion anyway. It looked better than most stuff on my PC, at the very least it was made on the Pro and will release on PS5.

So people seem to think it's going to be a PS5 release? I can't imagine them *not* releasing it on PS4 what with the massive install base.

Launch game PS5 in 2020.

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
So people seem to think it's going to be a PS5 release? I can't imagine them *not* releasing it on PS4 what with the massive install base.

Best game to create a new massive install base for the PS5.

RaptorChrist said:

I think a dual-release is absolutely possible

You all realize this is exactly the same situation as TLOU? A game "too demanding" for the current gen, releasing at the very end and pushing the hardware at this maximum, before getting a still good looking remaster for the next gen soon after the initial release.

If TLOU2 comes out before the PS5, than expect a TLOU2 Remaster for the PS5 and not being full BC. I cannot see Sony dropping out from Remastering games since they made a crap ton of money and sold a crap ton of copies using this method. Its probably better this game becomes a shared PS4/PS5 game similar to Zelda BOTW in my opinion.

Azzanation said:

If TLOU2 comes out before the PS5, than expect a TLOU2 Remaster for the PS5 and not being full BC. I cannot see Sony dropping out from Remastering games since they made a crap ton of money and sold a crap ton of copies using this method. Its probably better this game becomes a shared PS4/PS5 game similar to Zelda BOTW in my opinion.

This is how I see things playing out. Same thing with original TLOU.