By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GeForce GTX officially supports FREESYNC

And RTX doesn't, but anywho freesync will now be supported by Nvidia. This is great for gamers because this opens up a lot more monitor choices for everyone.

The rtx 2060 was also revealed.. and I'm glad to say I lost interest in getting one. Glad I dodged that bullet.. I think I'll just avoid the whole rtx mess for maybe a year or two

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-brings-g-sync-support-to-freesync-monitors/

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 07 January 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Yea, with TVs now slowing getting VRR/adaptive synch (which is the open standard "freesync" uses) I was pretty sure nVidea would have to support that in the future, but I'm surprised they "caved" so early. G-Synch might become a high-end premium only thing now.

Interesting. I think Nvidia got no choice if they want to stay relevant in this field. Since TV's also come with VRR support, none of the TV manufactors would install expensive propretiary hardware as long as you can do that by software.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Lafiel said:
Yea, with TVs now slowing getting VRR/adaptive synch (which is the open standard "freesync" uses) I was pretty sure nVidea would have to support that in the future, but I'm surprised they "caved" so early. G-Synch might become a high-end premium only thing now.

G-Sync's been around in one form or another since 2014, so odds are between that and how large nVidia's marketshare has been for most of that time, they'll have recouped their R&D costs and then some. It's certainly not been the monumental waste of time and money that 3D Vision turned out to be.

Still, until Freesync manages to equal or surpass all of G-Sync's features, I don't think the latter will be going anywhere in the immediate future, even if its market share drops.

deskpro2k3 said:

And RTX doesn't,

Both Pascal and Turing cards support it with the next driver update.

Around the Network

Well, that's going to be the end of G-Sync in a few years.

While that is nice and all, I'm still waiting for Freesync to completely surpass G-sync in every conceivable way, and then some, but until then I'll be sticking with my 1440p 165hz G-sync Acer Predator.

Also, the RTX series is an utter and complete waste when it comes to both value for money and performance. Raytracing with these cards are in the early growing stages. Far better to just wait for the second or third gen of these cards, which should get better within the next 2-4 years time.

I do wish for Free-sync to pick up the pace some time in the future though. If they want me to purchase one of them monitors, they're gonna have to step up performance and quality a lot.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So my GTX1080 will support Free sync?

Azzanation said:
So my GTX1080 will support Free sync?

yes, all Pascal and Turing cards afaik will with the new driver that will be released on Jan 15th

Good, good. Also sounds like a half-decent time to upgrade my graphics card (GTX 770 2GB), although I'm not liking the price too much. Still, not that bad.