By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict NSMBUD 2019 and then life time sales

2019 total sales 10+ million Lifetime sales 20+ million

我是广州人

Around the Network

2019 sales: 3-5m
LT sales: 7.5m.

Mario is Mario, but I really don't think there's any appetite for this one. It'll sell just on the name alone, but it won't do Wii numbers.

Between 5 and 7 mio.

RingoGaSuki said:

Mario is Mario, but I really don't think there's any appetite for this one. It'll sell just on the name alone, but it won't do Wii numbers.

This sounds about right to me.  Its a retread, but not as appealing a retread as Kart.  I buy all Mario platformers, both 2D and 3D.  But, I'll be skipping this one, since I've already played it.  That factor is going to hurt sales.  Then there's the terrible release date.  This means to me that Nintendo knows its not going to be a big game.  If they expected it to be a big deal, they wouldn't bury it 2 weeks after Xmas.  

With that said, and while I agree with Ringo's numbers, I also wouldn't be surprised to see it sell 10-12 million LT. 

RingoGaSuki said:

And FW 450K and that could be my prediction, too

LT is a difficult prediction, as sales could be pretty steady for that one, but I'll leave it at 7.5-8M

Around the Network

Would be shocked if it sells less than 10 million

melbye said:
Would be shocked if it sells less than 10 million

I know right? I don't know why people are expecting it to sell so little. This game has NSMBU content + all the Luigi level along with extra stuff. The game has a ton of content.

我是广州人

I am not sure. I don't see much hype. but it might just be me. I don't think it will pull MK8DX numbers but 8 million life time is possible.

Switch!!!

Difficult. I’d say it’ll end around 10m, but I’m not sure, things sell great on Switch and it’ll have endless legs but it doesn’t have the best reputation.

2019: 5m
Lifetime: 9m-11m

RolStoppable said:
2019 - 4m
Lifetime - 8-10m, going with 8.5m

The game has certainly a shot at 10m, but I am leaning toward the cautious side with this one because it doesn't have the same reputation as Mario Kart 8 which was rightly deemed the best of its series. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will easily sell more than twice as much as Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, but NSMBU Deluxe won't have close to the same multiplier. It's also a 2D platformer and Switch still doesn't have a Joy-Con with a d-pad, limiting its portable appeal.

I dont think the mass market cares as much about having a D-pad as forum goers do. I really don't think many people are going to care about that aspect at all.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.