By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Nintendo fans buy any first party titles"

I dont even buy Smash Bro's. I really just like Zelda and 3d mario

Around the Network

I never buy Smash Bros, Kirby, Star Fox, Yoshi, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and probably a few others that i can't think of right now.

Yes it is a misconception. Now we don't need this thread. Why even bother creating one?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Of course that's not entirely true, but nothing comes close to most Nintendo titles. Amazing third party games developers have spent years on are lucky to come remotely close to Arms or 1 2 Switch or whatever else Nintendo shits out.

I only tend to buy the 1st party titles that are in genres I like (eg platformers or action adventure type stuff)...with the odd exception if I hear the game is good or if it sounds like something I might enjoy. Never really got into smash or splatoon for instance (actually I can enjoy smash for it’s fan service and nostalgia but the latest smash is only the second entry I’ve bought through the years and I’m not exactly obsessed by it). I’m a life long nintendo fan but I really don’t go for a lot of the multiplayer stuff they tend to lean towards these days.

Around the Network

No shame, Nintendo makes great games

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Do we really need a thread on every possible misconception that people may or may not have about Nintendo fans? Don't get me wrong - these misconceptions can be annoying, but it's getting to the point where it comes off like the Nintendo community on this site is just too sensitive and is constantly feeling victimized. This is just lame. The thread you replied to was a product of another thread, which was a product of something the OP of the other thread read from yet another thread (which was turned into an argument about lack of competition or not). That's three threads in a row which began or devolved into very similar forms of arguments.

It doesn't even make sense to use literal arguments against a figurative point. How many people actually believe that every possible Nintendo fan buys every Nintendo game out there? No one, because that's not how that argument is applied.

I suppose as long as the denial that Nintendo makes high quality games does not get penalized, there will always be more threads. You can't expect that falsities will be allowed to stand.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

TheWPCTraveler said:
Darwinianevolution said:
For those who think every Nintendo 1st party title is successful, let me remind you of a small title called Codename S.T.E.A.M. ...

If you want more recent examples, try Sushi Strikers or Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers. (Or every game released on the 3DS in 2018...)

Metroid Samus Returns

I remember when these types of threads used to pop up about the PS4 in its first two years. To those who feel the need to justify your purchase, the only person you need to justify to is yourself.

To those who feel the need to downplay Nintendo's success, how quickly you forget how people acted when other consoles were met with similar doubts. I still remember debating against XBox fans who swore Sony was going to go bankrupt and sell off the Playstation brand during the PS3 days, or how the X1 was going to DESTROY the PS4 before the reveal, or the whole "PS4 has no gamez" debacle.

How about we celebrate portable versions of 3rd party Switch games or the success that Nintendo, or any of the big 3 happen to have now or in the future. Alchy was right when he said these threads are popping up too often, but we are all to blame. (and yes, I know I recently made one myself recently)

So as a Nintendo fan, I will enjoy the great games Nintendo makes and use the Switch as my primary console for multiplats due to portability. As a Sony fan, I will enjoy the great Sony games out there and enjoy the 3rd party games that do not come to Switch.

Heck even as someone who dislikes the XBox brand, I look forward to seeing how they handle next gen and hope it goes better than the current gen.

Thats just my 2 rupees...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The length of "rationality" some people could go back then was kind of incredible. Just goes to show how a select few are really insecure about their platform of choice and needs to re-affirm some kind of superiority,especially when it omes to the librairy of games. You buy what you're interested in.

Now, I don't know if this thread was necessarily needed but the debate will proprely go in an unidirectional way so it ain't much interesting

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909