By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Nintendo fans buy any first party titles"

I never buy Smash Bros, Kirby, Star Fox, Yoshi, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and probably a few others that i can't think of right now.

Around the Network

Yes it is a misconception. Now we don't need this thread. Why even bother creating one?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Of course that's not entirely true, but nothing comes close to most Nintendo titles. Amazing third party games developers have spent years on are lucky to come remotely close to Arms or 1 2 Switch or whatever else Nintendo shits out.

I only tend to buy the 1st party titles that are in genres I like (eg platformers or action adventure type stuff)...with the odd exception if I hear the game is good or if it sounds like something I might enjoy. Never really got into smash or splatoon for instance (actually I can enjoy smash for it’s fan service and nostalgia but the latest smash is only the second entry I’ve bought through the years and I’m not exactly obsessed by it). I’m a life long nintendo fan but I really don’t go for a lot of the multiplayer stuff they tend to lean towards these days.

No shame, Nintendo makes great games

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
Darwinianevolution said:
For those who think every Nintendo 1st party title is successful, let me remind you of a small title called Codename S.T.E.A.M. ...

If you want more recent examples, try Sushi Strikers or Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers. (Or every game released on the 3DS in 2018...)

Metroid Samus Returns

I remember when these types of threads used to pop up about the PS4 in its first two years. To those who feel the need to justify your purchase, the only person you need to justify to is yourself.

To those who feel the need to downplay Nintendo's success, how quickly you forget how people acted when other consoles were met with similar doubts. I still remember debating against XBox fans who swore Sony was going to go bankrupt and sell off the Playstation brand during the PS3 days, or how the X1 was going to DESTROY the PS4 before the reveal, or the whole "PS4 has no gamez" debacle.

How about we celebrate portable versions of 3rd party Switch games or the success that Nintendo, or any of the big 3 happen to have now or in the future. Alchy was right when he said these threads are popping up too often, but we are all to blame. (and yes, I know I recently made one myself recently)

So as a Nintendo fan, I will enjoy the great games Nintendo makes and use the Switch as my primary console for multiplats due to portability. As a Sony fan, I will enjoy the great Sony games out there and enjoy the 3rd party games that do not come to Switch.

Heck even as someone who dislikes the XBox brand, I look forward to seeing how they handle next gen and hope it goes better than the current gen.

Thats just my 2 rupees...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

I remember when these types of threads used to pop up about the PS4 in its first two years. To those who feel the need to justify your purchase, the only person you need to justify to is yourself.

To those who feel the need to downplay Nintendo's success, how quickly you forget how people acted when other consoles were met with similar doubts. I still remember debating against XBox fans who swore Sony was going to go bankrupt and sell off the Playstation brand during the PS3 days, or how the X1 was going to DESTROY the PS4 before the reveal, or the whole "PS4 has no gamez" debacle.

How about we celebrate portable versions of 3rd party Switch games or the success that Nintendo, or any of the big 3 happen to have now or in the future. Alchy was right when he said these threads are popping up too often, but we are all to blame. (and yes, I know I recently made one myself recently)

So as a Nintendo fan, I will enjoy the great games Nintendo makes and use the Switch as my primary console for multiplats due to portability. As a Sony fan, I will enjoy the great Sony games out there and enjoy the 3rd party games that do not come to Switch.

Heck even as someone who dislikes the XBox brand, I look forward to seeing how they handle next gen and hope it goes better than the current gen.

I think you guys are overreacting to this thread just a bit. It's not like he came out with a bunch of inflammatory statements sounding desperate to prove some childish point.
Reading the OP, seems like he felt bothered with how often this particular myth has been perpetuated and he made logical points to set the record straight. Naturally, 99% of the people who keep spreading said myth are going to ignore this and remain ignorant, but I don't think it's wrong to make this thread if you feel the need.

Shaunodon said:
Shiken said:

I think you guys are overreacting to this thread just a bit. It's not like he came out with a bunch of inflammatory statements sounding desperate to prove some childish point.
Reading the OP, seems like he felt bothered with how often this particular myth has been perpetuated and he made logical points to set the record straight. Naturally, 99% of the people who keep spreading said myth are going to ignore this and remain ignorant, but I don't think it's wrong to make this thread if you feel the need.

My reply was also directed at the people spreading the myths and made him feel the need to make the thread to begin with.  I am more addressing the community as a whole (or those that partake in the misinformation anyway) than I am JUST the OP.

I do feel like fans are acting a little insecure right now.  However a large portion of that has to do with feeling annoyed than insecure.  But like I said, this seems to happen to every camp at one point or another.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I don't think people say that in a literal sense.
It's the same when people say that X console doesn't have games... They are trying to make a point.

In this case, i think that when people say that (Pachter also said it before) it's in the sense that Nintendo users only care about Nintendo games and the rest doesn't matter.
Why? Because Nintendo has a ton of meaningful IPs and they sell from good to amazing. Not just that, it feels like Nintendo fans are more open to new Nintendo franchises than new or old IPs from 3rd parties.

When people look at Nintendo's top 10s for their consoles, the majority is Nintendo titles (new or old).
Sadly, 3rd parties not only come in second place, but there are times where they come in a distant second.