By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where are they getting there money to make a comeback?(Atari and Intellivision)

Should Sega make consoles again?

Yes 3 27.27%

No 8 72.73%

Total:11

Some people are investing to get it rolling and they crowdfund the money. They are releasing these consoles to feed off nostalgia.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Some people are investing to get it rolling and they crowdfund the money. They are releasing these consoles to feed off nostalgia.

Right.  But, I think they get the (relatively) small initial investments that they use to "get it rolling" basically  are from people that are gambling.  They risk a couple million dollars, but stand to gain a shitload if they happen to catch lightning in a bottle and their system sells well.  Because crowdfunders will pay for so much of the development without getting any equity in the company, the initial investors are able to see a small possibility of a very big payoff, thereby making the risk/reward math make sense.  

So, don't give money to a project like this.  In fact, don't participate in any gaming related crowdfunding campaigns unless the people involved have a very good, very long reputation of delivering on their promises.  Otherwise, you're just a sucker.

Soros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I heard the Atari VCS was nothing more than a prank.

:let them try I say. Not that many will care

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
jason1637 said:

Those consoles cost 300+ that's something I'd expect Sega but not Atari XD

Is there anything in Atari's past that leads you to expect otherwise?

Shoot, is there anything in the economic system that has been playing soccer with Atari's husk for three decades that leads you to expect better of them?

Investors seeing that the NES classic was a success and remember the consoles of their youth/kids and invest in them, thinking those will be hits too

The Jewlluminati!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.