By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon drops the price of the PS1 Classic...Are you MOVED to buy one?

Nope. Even if it was free, I would probably still chuck it in the bin. Terrible device that simply isn't worth your coin at any price.

If Sony actually put some effort into it and built a quality platform, my opinion would be very different.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I'd consider paying $20 for it. I figure I'd get a few hours of fun out of it, and that's about what I'm willing to spend for a few hours of gaming enjoyment.

The problem isn't the price, it's the poor effort put into it by sony as a cheap cash in. But no, it would have to be like 30 bucks for me to even consider buying one just for the hell of it.

BraLoD said:
Ganoncrotch said:

if it was that price I would consider it as an ornament and for the 2x usb joypads... that said, they're not even Dualshocks so they've little use with any modern game on the PC.

Even they were dualshocks, we need to pass a message, nobody should buy it as it is.

Agree 100% like I said.... as it stands the 2 controllers have super limited use, even for emulation of psone games on the PC you would still be better off getting a 3rd party pad with the 2 analogue sticks or just using a X360 pad.

Unless you're just playing the games which came packaged with this system... then you might be fine with the missing sticks... but still if you were playing some of the best playstation games, chances are you aren't going to be limiting yourself to these 20 titles, don't get me wrong games like FFVII, MGS and Tekken 3 are fantastic, but that's just about it really for my interest in it if they had at least chucked in a version of the emulator which gave access to any of the features you can get on the PC then I'd be more interested, but as it stands, this dedicated device for playing Playstation one games is one of the worst ways in 2018 to play those titles.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If it hits like $40 or lower maybe I bite. Otherwise not a chance.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

The problem was never the price, but the selection of games. I got a PS2 that can play all those games, not like I would want to. If they had much better selection of games then it would be a better buy for convenience.

$50 and I'm in

Every time I consider buying one I look at my dualshock controllers and ps2 then decide against it

I am tempted for a collector but not yet. I really wish they added games like Dino Crisis etc. Oh well.

Nope. They didn't put enough good games on it, for me to spend more than like $30 on one.