By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console exclusives by year

I didn't know xbox one had 14 exclusives in 2017 youtubers saying xbox has no games a myth or is it just me . though I never believed them :)

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Um Microsoft? Huh that graph should just say exclusive only? I don't know?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Kerotan said:

But console exclusive in a different context can mean exclusive to just that console. 

Such a definition though rules out The Last of Us, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Flower, Journey, Persona 5, and Titanfall.

None of those are exclusive to PS4/Switch/Xbone, every one has a Wii U, PS3, or 360 version.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Highest rated exclusive for Xbox one 2017 is cuphead ? Didn't that game release on PC too ? what's it doing in there?

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 23 December 2018

Forza horizon 3 highest of 2016 ? This graph is confusing me ? isn't that suppose to be all generation aswell?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Kerotan said:
 But console exclusive in a different context can mean exclusive to just that console. 

Such a definition though rules out The Last of Us, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Flower, Journey, Persona 5, and Titanfall.

None of those are exclusive to PS4/Switch/Xbone, every one has a Wii U, PS3, or 360 version.

I know that. The graph doesn't use that definition I'm just saying it's possible to mean both things. I made a balls of the thread by confusing things with my earlier post. 

So let me get this straight, games like Forza Horizon 3/4 isn't counted on the top 10 games this gen as its also on PC yet Journey is counted on this list even though it has been announce for PC?

Majority of those amazing PS3/4 games are on PSNow which means there on PC. No different to the Win10 Store.

These games should be removed from the graph shown, TLOU, Journey, Bloodborne, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda BOTW. As for the rest of the list, I am unsure if Bayonetta 2 came out on WiiU and if Persona 5 and UC4 etc are on PSNow.

Such a weird comparison.

Did I miss the understanding on this thread? If so please explain?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 23 December 2018

Hihihi, I know why WiiU is missing from that graph. Because it would crushing it. WiiU basically had nothing BUT exclusives. 3DS and Vita probably would outdo the competition to. All the Vita exclusive japanese visual novels.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Azzanation said:

So let me get this straight, games like Forza Horizon 3/4 isn't counted on the top 10 games this gen as its also on PC yet Journey is counted on this list even though it has been announce for PC?

Majority of those amazing PS3/4 games are on PSNow which means there on PC. No different to the Win10 Store.

These games should be removed from the graph shown, TLOU, Journey, Bloodborne, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda BOTW. As for the rest of the list, I am unsure if Bayonetta 2 came out on WiiU and if Persona 5 and UC4 etc are on PSNow.

Such a weird comparison.

Did I miss the understanding on this thread? If so please explain?

Bayonetta 2 was on WiiU too and Persona 5 on PS3. They're out.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Kerotan said:
curl-6 said:

I know that. The graph doesn't use that definition I'm just saying it's possible to mean both things. I made a balls of the thread by confusing things with my earlier post. 

The one who made the graph made the mess. It is inconsistent. BOTW, Persona 5, Bayonetta 2 all were on multiple consoles. Some of the games were released on PC too. Other games were excluded though, although they fulfill the same criteria. And WiiU, Vita and 3DS aren't in the list, although they probably have way more exclusives than the three consoles listed. Vita would crush it with japanese games. These graphs are basically worthless, as they are researched sloppy.