By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console exclusives by year

curl-6 said:
Kerotan said:
 But console exclusive in a different context can mean exclusive to just that console. 

Such a definition though rules out The Last of Us, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Flower, Journey, Persona 5, and Titanfall.

None of those are exclusive to PS4/Switch/Xbone, every one has a Wii U, PS3, or 360 version.

I know that. The graph doesn't use that definition I'm just saying it's possible to mean both things. I made a balls of the thread by confusing things with my earlier post. 

Around the Network

So let me get this straight, games like Forza Horizon 3/4 isn't counted on the top 10 games this gen as its also on PC yet Journey is counted on this list even though it has been announce for PC?

Majority of those amazing PS3/4 games are on PSNow which means there on PC. No different to the Win10 Store.

These games should be removed from the graph shown, TLOU, Journey, Bloodborne, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda BOTW. As for the rest of the list, I am unsure if Bayonetta 2 came out on WiiU and if Persona 5 and UC4 etc are on PSNow.

Such a weird comparison.

Did I miss the understanding on this thread? If so please explain?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 23 December 2018

Hihihi, I know why WiiU is missing from that graph. Because it would crushing it. WiiU basically had nothing BUT exclusives. 3DS and Vita probably would outdo the competition to. All the Vita exclusive japanese visual novels.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Azzanation said:

So let me get this straight, games like Forza Horizon 3/4 isn't counted on the top 10 games this gen as its also on PC yet Journey is counted on this list even though it has been announce for PC?

Majority of those amazing PS3/4 games are on PSNow which means there on PC. No different to the Win10 Store.

These games should be removed from the graph shown, TLOU, Journey, Bloodborne, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda BOTW. As for the rest of the list, I am unsure if Bayonetta 2 came out on WiiU and if Persona 5 and UC4 etc are on PSNow.

Such a weird comparison.

Did I miss the understanding on this thread? If so please explain?

Bayonetta 2 was on WiiU too and Persona 5 on PS3. They're out.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Kerotan said:
curl-6 said:

Such a definition though rules out The Last of Us, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Flower, Journey, Persona 5, and Titanfall.

None of those are exclusive to PS4/Switch/Xbone, every one has a Wii U, PS3, or 360 version.

I know that. The graph doesn't use that definition I'm just saying it's possible to mean both things. I made a balls of the thread by confusing things with my earlier post. 

The one who made the graph made the mess. It is inconsistent. BOTW, Persona 5, Bayonetta 2 all were on multiple consoles. Some of the games were released on PC too. Other games were excluded though, although they fulfill the same criteria. And WiiU, Vita and 3DS aren't in the list, although they probably have way more exclusives than the three consoles listed. Vita would crush it with japanese games. These graphs are basically worthless, as they are researched sloppy.

Around the Network

The first graph shows exactly why Playstation is the best place to play!

Dr.Vita said:
The first graph shows exactly why Playstation is the best place to play!

Would be nice, if we hadn't already established, that the data these graphs are based on is faulty. But for you: start listing all the Vita-exclusives, and you'll see that it handily beats everyone else.

Kerotan said:
flashfire926 said:
Forza Horizon 4 is missing from these lists. It got a 92 metacritic.

Exclusive to the console means just that, exclusive to just the console on release. So Forza doesn't count because it's on pc. 

Actually "console exclusive" means that a game is only available on either Switch, PS4 or XB1, but can also be available on PC. If it's not available on PC, then it's just called "exclusive"

Console exclusives by year graph is very telling imo.
Thats where the "xbox has no games" meme comes from.

Playstation has dominated this gen with games.
to the point where if your into rpgs/jrpgs you basically have no other choice, than go PS4.

Exclusives dont mean shit if you are not interested in them,
Ergo ps4 only has 2 exclusives i am interested in, xbox 1 and switch 4

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.