By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which do you think is the better JRPG as a whole, Xenoblade 2 or Octopath?

Mar1217 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

So basically, it is still XB2 > Octopath

No, it is just as I said, that's why I seperated both pieces.

Both main game and Torna are parts of Xenoblade 2 so...

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Mar1217 said:

No, it is just as I said, that's why I seperated both pieces.

Both main game and Torna are parts of Xenoblade 2 so...

The difference in term of gameplay and progression justify the separation like he did.

If I would judge which one is better between XB2 and OT by just looking at the gameplay, I would say Octopath, but with the changes in Torna, I would put the expansion at the same level as Octopath.

Overall XBC2.

Out of 100 chances to choose one
99 times xenoblade 2
1 octopath
Xenoblade 2 is better in everything also no torna is not better lol

Octopath is really great. It's one of my top 5 games on the Switch. Haven't tried XC2 yet, mostly because I thought XC1 was only ok. Not sure if I will ever play XC2.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX every day of the week and twice on a Sunday

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I finished XC2, then did some post-game and another quick run on NG+. That says a lot. Octopath I loved visually but I found that I hit the wall with it and I'm not certain that I'll go back ... I'll look for more from a sequel.

I played both, liked Octopath better.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

That's like comparing apples and oranges

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

As I love turn-based RPGs and Octopath is a real great one, I prefer Octopath. Both are great though. Still have to play Torna.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]