By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart which one is your favourite and thoughts on future

Which Mario Kart is your favourite?

Super Mario Kart 3 3.95%

Mario Kart 64 7 9.21%

Mario Kart Super Circuit 0 0%

Mario Kart Double Dash!! 13 17.11%

Mario Kart DS 2 2.63%

Mario Kart Wii 5 6.58%

Mario Kart 7 2 2.63%

Mario Kart 8 44 57.89%

Total:76

Well the Crash Team Racing thread got me thinking.

Which Mario Kart is your favourite? Why is it your favourite?

What would you like to see in a future Mario Kart game?

What improvements do you think are a MUST?

What do you think Nintendo will do in a future Mario Kart game? Will it come to Switch or be a launch title for the next system?

Around the Network

I think my favorite is Double Dash just because I got to play it to death with my brothers. As for the future, I think we'll get an original Mario Kart for the Switch, it might be cross-gen though with the Switch 2.

Signature goes here!

I personally like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the most. So much content, and every track in the game is so unique and creative. Plus, I feel the gameplay is the most polished and refined in the series. In terms of the future, I agree with TruckOSaurus. The next one will probably be a cross-gen title.

Cobretti2 said:

Well the Crash Team Racing thread got me thinking.

Which Mario Kart is your favourite? Why is it your favourite?

Mario Kart Wii for me. For nostalgia reasons but also because I really liked the tracks and the gameplay.

What would you like to see in a future Mario Kart game?

I'd like mission mode from DS to come back. As someone who only plays Mario Kart single player, more content is always welcome.

What improvements do you think are a MUST?

Biggest one for me would be revamp the unlockables. Unlocking stuff in Mario Kart Wii required actual effort and felt rewarding to do, but in MK8 it's just "collect X number of coins to unlock Y". Also a better and more varied roster (Pauline is a must).

What do you think Nintendo will do in a future Mario Kart game? Will it come to Switch or be a launch title for the next system?

Hopefully it's a Switch game since I've already played MK8 + DLC to death on Wii U and haven't bought Deluxe. As for what they'll do, this is Nintendo we're talking about, so I have no clue :P

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but overall it's one of those series were each new entry becomes my favourite to play. Can't wait for Mario Kart 9.

Around the Network
Ultravolt said:

I personally like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the most. So much content, and every track in the game is so unique and creative. Plus, I feel the gameplay is the most polished and refined in the series. In terms of the future, I agree with TruckOSaurus. The next one will probably be a cross-gen title.

Just curious but how so? Aren't a lot of the tracks from previous MK games? 

Best to worst -
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart Super Circuit

8(D) > 7 > Wii

Mario Kart is just the kind of series that gets better everytime. However, I did play MK7 much more than MK8 + MK8D (it's actually my most played game of all time). So I do have a stronger personal 'connection' to that game, even though I know it's not better. If that makes sense...

In the next game I'd like to see the feature return in which you could race against seven ghosts of other people in the time trials. I liked that a lot in MK7, it was a great motivation to try to beat my own (and other people's) best time.

I've only played MK 64, soon as I play MK8 I'm sure it'll be that one.

Wow, how can people consider MK8 better than Super MK and MK64???

Those games were way better relative to their time than MK8