Nintendo EPD 1,243 47.86%

Naughty Dog 1,099 42.32%

Monolith Soft 152 5.85%

Total:2,597

I voted GG to piss off Noble, don't @ me

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Nintendo EPD for me 100%. The 220+ hours I put into Breath of the Wild last year, and the fact that I played through the original Legend of Zelda on 6 different systems from 1989 up to and including this year says enough about that for me. Not to mention Odyssey and all the other Mario games. I can't think of another developer in the industry that has been able to consistently keep a series fresh and reinvigorated with new formulas the way Nintendo has with their 2 flagships for over three decades. They don't get my vote "just because Nintendo". They are legitimately my #1.

Cloudman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Kind of a disappointing final four. I’ve been reluctant to embrace the idea that Sony and Nintendo loyalties have flavored this tournament but there’s no denying it now. Guerrilla in particular is a huge stretch.

Don't you think that's a little unfair to say? Perhaps people made their choices because they genuinely like their picks. Nintendo makes games that people overall generally love. Naughty Dog's made some really great games as well and is one of sony's biggest and most beloved 1st party companies. To phrase that as loyalties sounds a bit like shaming people. I mean, I love Monolith Soft, but Nintendo's made so many games that I love.

It's not unfair to say at all. Of course Nintendo EPD should be here, and I could see why Naughty Dog is here (even though I'm not a fan of most of their games)

But there is very little reason why Monolith and Guerilla are here other than Nintendo/Sony fans pushed each along.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 17 December 2018

Megiddo said:
Cloudman said:

Don't you think that's a little unfair to say? Perhaps people made their choices because they genuinely like their picks. Nintendo makes games that people overall generally love. Naughty Dog's made some really great games as well and is one of sony's biggest and most beloved 1st party companies. To phrase that as loyalties sounds a bit like shaming people. I mean, I love Monolith Soft, but Nintendo's made so many games that I love.

It's not unfair to say at all. Of course Nintendo EPD should be here, and I could see why Naughty Dog is here (even though I'm not a fan of most of their games)

But there is very little reason why Monolith and Guerilla are here other than Nintendo/Sony fans pushed each along.

The same thing I said before can be applied here. Looking back at that round, I would have voted Monolith Soft, simply because I liked them the most from the list, and that could be the same for others who picked them as well. I certainly didn't do it simply for the sake they make games for Nintendo.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Weird to see Monolith in the finals

Wonder which dev would get my vote :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Well, this is clearly Nintendo for me. All of the other devs that I really like must have gotten voted out.

How did Rockstar not make the list? GTA games are amazing!!!

You know you can't make fair tournament thread when 70% of people on gaming websites are always Nintendo gamers.

Dr.Vita said:
You know you can't make fair tournament thread when 70% of people on gaming websites are always Nintendo gamers.

Exact same could be said for the past few years CGI award threads, which are won thanks to Sony gamers...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

SpokenTruth said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Guerrilla and Monolith shouldn't be on the list tbh.

Fully agreed.  Both are awesome developers and have an incredible game under their belts but neither have produced enough excellent content to warrant an appearance in the final.

I love the fan support showing for both but...they look out of place.  Maybe after a few more masterpieces.

But...then again, it is favorite developer.  I guess if enough say those are their favorites, so be it.

Favorite developer, to me, means developer of your favorite game(s) and/or developer who most consistently makes great games.  Monolift Soft just so happens to be the developer of one of my favorite games ever (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) and the one I hate the most (Project X Zone). Call me confused.