By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Passes PS3 Total Sales

Awesome accomplishment. Its gonna blaze past the PS1 and the Wii with relative ease as well. The only real question is will it pass the game boy or not (probably will).

DonFerrari said:
Intrinsic said:

I guess the accomplishments of the Playstation brand can never be put to question.

4 consoles in the top 5. They sure have to be ding something right.

And we won't ever stop hearing how sony got luck all the 3 times it lead a gen, never with merit.

I've literally never seen a single person here ever say Sony lucked out three times in a row (or anything close to that), and I'm frequent the site quite often. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
DonFerrari said:

And we won't ever stop hearing how sony got luck all the 3 times it lead a gen, never with merit.

Yh. PlayStation only ever wins when someone else has messed up. But whenever someone else wins or does well they are great and innovative.

Sony won 5th gen because nintendo went with carts and sega couldn't make up their minds.

They won 6th gen cause of DVD and MS came late to the party.

We all know they lost the 7th gen and only barely sold over 80M consoles.

And they won 8th gen because of MS always online and because nintendo couldn't think of a better name for the Wii 2.

Oh lets not forget that even after 4 gens sony doesnt have any games. 

All undisputable facts =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

flashfire926 said:

Awesome accomplishment. Its gonna blaze past the PS1 and the Wii with relative ease as well. The only real question is will it pass the game boy or not (probably will).

DonFerrari said:

I've literally never seen a single person here ever say Sony lucked out three times in a row (or anything close to that), and I'm frequent the site quite often. 

Man we had so many threads with reasoning just as put in summary by Intrinsic that it isn't even funny.

The biggest merit some people could give Sony was not fucking up and winning by luck or others fucking up. You are still new in the site.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

Man we had so many threads with reasoning just as put in summary by Intrinsic that it isn't even funny.

The biggest merit some people could give Sony was not fucking up and winning by luck or others fucking up. You are still new in the site.

I think we just call these people "hater".

Keiji said:
DonFerrari said:

I think we just call these people "hater".

I feel like that word is used for almost everything these days,used to be an extreme but reading it everywhere has surely softened its impact.

And here i am discussing a word in a sales topic,should be getting some sleep ;)

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

Dont go by the date on my profile, because actually I've been lurking here since 2013.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

SilenceDeadly said:
Poor Wii is about to get murdered.

Hilarious how there were a bunch of users just 1 year ago that said it wouldn't pass the Wii, let alone make it to 100M.

DonFerrari said: 
flashfire926 said: 

He missed one some were using for a year or so on here when talking about the PS4: "It's only selling on hype."

I wonder how many less PS4's will be sold because of PS Now on PC? Every year brings faster more stable internet to more and more people. This will make it more difficult to directly compare prior console sales to PS4 and every gen beyond.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 15 December 2018

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

Dont go by the date on my profile, because actually I've been lurking here since 2013.

No problem man, but that is still this gen.

And certainly since 2013 there have been plenty threads discussing sales and who would win or was winning (several people claiming Sony would go out of business, X1 over 150M because they have infinite money to undercut Sony and put more exclusives plus Kinect being the future and WiiU would do other 100M because of Wii - then sure they rewrote the history to say kinect is the reason X1 done bad and WiiU name is the reason for 85% drop in sales).

Then before 2013 when talking about the chances of PS3 passing X360 or Wii people said PS3 was dead around 2008 and that they didn't had a strong name, they won on PS1 because of CD and Nintendo sticking to cartridge made several 3rd parties jump ship (that certainly doesn't explain why other CD before PS1 didn't made a dent or Saturn not making big waves being Sega a strong gaming company at the time) and they lucked out on PS2 with everyone buying it because they could play DVD and pay almost the same as a regular DVD machine.

thismeintiel said:
SilenceDeadly said:
Poor Wii is about to get murdered.

Hilarious how there were a bunch of users just 1 year ago that said it wouldn't pass the Wii, let alone make it to 100M.

You may not believe but there were one crazy guy around August or so still claiming PS4 won't pass Wii.

DonFerrari said: 

He missed one some were using for a year or so on here when talking about the PS4: "It's only selling on hype."

Sony must be the luckiest company for all their console to have made more success than it's direct competitor.

Playstation is the undisputed king of video gaming!!!

No doubt that Playstation 4 will be at least number 2 at the end, only beaten by the legendary PS2!!!