By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Youtube Rewind 2018 becomes the 2nd most disliked youtube video ever in two days.

It doesn't feel like a rewind of 2018 at all. It missed so much of what actually defined 2018, let alone YouTube. PewdiePie vs T-series? Shane Dawson? Tributes To Stan Lee, Stefan Karl, Stephen Hawking? KSI vs Logan Paul, Tik Tok... Needed less Fortnite, less people no one cares about, less Late Night Show Hosts/Hollywood celebrities that have nothing to do with YouTube, less forced political and self-patting political statements too.

Around the Network
TheBird said:
They didn't even feature any famous YouTubers. Besides the likes of Ninja, who is more of a Twitch streamer than a Youtuber.

That's true, but Ninja was sitting under 5M subs beginning of the year, now he's at over 20M. There was no way he wouldn't be in this.

I honestly didn't know this was a thing until now.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
taus90 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Not surprising, its always bad

You could be right in saying "its always bad" if you only watched the ones after 2015..

2013 - 2015 were great

Not really. Those were just as bad imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Its not a fanservice for the consumers anymore,its how they want the world to perceive youtube. (advertisers and media)

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

The unholy alliance of today's social media platforms from Facebook to Google / YouTube to Twitter is truly something to behold. It's like going back to the days of having just 3 network channels to chose from on TV, all with the same common goals and agendas. Except the power that today's social platforms wield in shaping public opinion and controlling how the public interacts with one another is something not even Orwell could've dreamt up.

I can't agree.  People are cynical these days, and they assume (correctly, generally) that everyone is full of shit.  Pre-1980s network TV news (in the US, at least) was much more influential, because viewers believed it (probably incorrectly). 

VAMatt said:
NightDragon83 said:

The unholy alliance of today's social media platforms from Facebook to Google / YouTube to Twitter is truly something to behold. It's like going back to the days of having just 3 network channels to chose from on TV, all with the same common goals and agendas. Except the power that today's social platforms wield in shaping public opinion and controlling how the public interacts with one another is something not even Orwell could've dreamt up.

I can't agree.  People are cynical these days, and they assume (correctly, generally) that everyone is full of shit.  Pre-1980s network TV news (in the US, at least) was much more influential, because viewers believed it (probably incorrectly). 

The population is currently split with one side of it turning to new media like Youtube for news and the other side still trusting and following the old media but i feel like the overall population is slowly pulling over to the new media and slowly getting more aware of lets say what could be politically influenced articles or not.

For me personally it has gotten a lot easier to discuss certain political topic with for example my parents because they stopped believing everything the newspapers tell them to believe and i am happy for that change because they used to believe deeply in the old media.

Surprised it managed to beat out the Infinite Warfare trailer, lol.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

The only Youtube Rewind I ever watched was the one that had Gangam Style theme. Don't remember the year...

Immersiveunreality said:
VAMatt said:

The population is currently split with one side of it turning to new media like Youtube for news and the other side still trusting and following the old media but i feel like the overall population is slowly pulling over to the new media and slowly getting more aware of lets say what could be politically influenced articles or not.

For me personally it has gotten a lot easier to discuss certain political topic with for example my parents because they stopped believing everything the newspapers tell them to believe and i am happy for that change because they used to believe deeply in the old media.

That must be refreshing. My folks - particularly my mom - take mainstream media (minus Fox) essentially as complete gospel and either scoff at or disregard a lot of online-based media outlets (by far my preference). So it becomes a very frustrating, usually unwinnable battle for me to discuss politics with them, particularly those narratives pushed by mainstream media, so I don't even bother anymore.

My mom just sits around all the time and completely absorbs mainstream media hysteria, to the point where it seems to have driven her to near madness/depression, and she acts like the world is coming to an end, which just makes me even more furious with this sensationalist MSM..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden