By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo KNOCKED out of the park on TGA!

Pagan said:

Love it how Smash Players cant read Numbers. How many Smash Sold on Wii or GC? How many People have bought the consoles? How many People Just simply dont Care for a fighting Game? Calculate and you will Understand that alot, i mean alot of People doesnt give a xxxx about Smash. Smash Players cant Imagine that they are People Out There WHO simply Not only dont Like Smash but hate it because its taking Always the complete Attention from Nintendo that year its comming Out. That means for us non Smash Players, that the Release year of Smash is completely dead for us. Every direct, every E3 every VGA will be Not for us. We are Just watching Like idiots while you Guys are hyped.

The same can be said about any game on any console though, so what is your point?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Eh, it was okay, wouldnt say it was that good.

Agreed.  The Marvel announcement was a great addition, but outside of that there was not much else I personally was super excited for.  Although Joker being added to Smash does raise questions about a potential game reveal in a near future direct, but without confirmation it does little to make it stand out beyond being just a thought.

Was the announcement for MUA3 for Switch the reason the previous ones got delisted? Or was it just a licensing thing?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Nautilus said:

I mean, they killed it on the show, either because of games/IPs they own or not.

Switch 2019 just got a fucking alot of better:

Sayonara Wild Hearts  (small indie game)

Ultimate Allience 3

Crash Team Racing

Mortal Kombat 11

Joker on Smash (kinda cool)

And Im sure Im forgetting one or two.And thats on top of everything else that was already announce for Switch in 2019.
This thread is not to shit on the other consoles, but just to point out that the Switch is doing extremely well, library wise at least.

Apart from Joker on Smash, all those are multiplats right?
So yeah it got better, but.... theyre also on the PS4/XB1.

Not sure how thats sh*tting on other consoles, or why you need to mention your not trying to do that.
Switch library is fine, still falling behinde by huge amounts though in terms of 3rd party.

JRPGfan said:
Nautilus said:

I mean, they killed it on the show, either because of games/IPs they own or not.

Ultimate Allience 3

Crash Team Racing

Mortal Kombat 11

And Im sure Im forgetting one or two.And thats on top of everything else that was already announce for Switch in 2019.
This thread is not to shit on the other consoles, but just to point out that the Switch is doing extremely well, library wise at least.

Not sure how thats sh*tting on other consoles, or why you need to mention your not trying to do that.
Switch library is fine, still falling behinde by huge amounts though in terms of 3rd party.

Actually MAU3 is exclusive from what I hear. 

Around the Network

They didn't show anything interesting, but I also didn't expect them to. The Game Awards aren't important enough for Nintendo to bring anything, so some minor third party announcements is the best we'll get.

JRPGfan said:
Nautilus said:

Ultimate Allience 3

Crash Team Racing

Mortal Kombat 11

MUA3 is funded by Nintendo, and Switch exclusive.  It said exclusively on Switch on the trailer.  The small indie game is exclusive as well.

The other games are multiplat, but still nice knowing we can play them portably of we desire.

Overall I would say they had an ok show, but it was not super great bu any means.

Flilix said:
They didn't show anything interesting, but I also didn't expect them to. The Game Awards aren't important enough for Nintendo to bring anything, so some minor third party announcements is the best we'll get.

Yeah I feel like they save most of their bigger announcements  for directs, so I did not expect much either.

Was there any other better years for Nintendo at TGA?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat are kind of a big deal in the ongoing war against "No Western AAA games", even if you do not care for them.
If Marvel UA is exclusive, imagine that running in ads before every one of the 98 new Marvel movies next year?