By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prime 4 aside, will Nintendo show off something left-field at TGA's this year?

BasilZero said:
KLXVER said:

I don't know what is bigger tbh. I mean I would rather have them show Smash Bros and a new character than a port of a WiiU game.

Showing a game that will be released already at that point and a new character for said game is the definition of a filler announcement.

Still 1 day off. Smash releases December 7th. Imagine if they announced Sora or Banjo. Would be way bigger than the worst Xenoblade.

Around the Network

I think Prime 4 will be more left field than you think.

Two Words:

Kranky Kong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Half Life 3 Switch exclusive.

this one ?

Around the Network

Any chance we see a Bayo 3 trailer/gameplay?

twintail said:
Prime 4, Prime trilogy and Bayo 3 will all be shown I feel (even if thy have been announced already - prime trilogy not). I dunno if Nintendo will announce anything new though. It might be too many cards being played. I guess Animal Crossing could be shown off too.

I dont think Animal Crossing is a good fit for this show.

The Game Awards seems like its catered to teenage/young adult males while Animal Crossing is more popular among children and females.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

jonathanalis said:
I've seen rumors on the last story 2 and Metroid prime trilogy

For last story 2 we only had just one retair list, not else, while MP Trilogy was hinted buy by few insiders.

BasilZero said: 
KLXVER said: 

Well it would be fun to see the disappointment in the faces of people at least...

Those are Nintendo Direct fillers or Twitter announcements. Not something you announce at the Game Awards.

They announced Cranky Kong as a playable character for DK Tropical Freeze at the event whatever it was called when the announcement was made.

If an announcement of a port isnt bigger than that, then sheesh I dont even what would top Cranky Kong!

Different Nintendo and different show, from 2014. Nintendo was quite good at TGA.

Mar1217 said:
Might be the biggest opportunity for Retro Studios to show off what they've been working on ...

I hope they aren't the ones doing MP trilogy HD. I want them to create something new!

Also people need to have expectations in check, this is not E3 or Nintendo Direct, IMO best chances are for MP4, MP Trilogy and Smash Bros DLC character, expecting more content than that from Nintendo is very unlikely.