By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will there be a Ratchet 2 remake in 2019?

Do you think insomniac will remake ratchet 2 for next year or 2020? Wouldn't take a lot of man power or time and they are a big studio. The first remake was a huge success. 

My logic is it would be a nice end of life ps4 title before next gen hits but part of me thinks Sony would release it as a cross gen title when the ps5 launches. So if this is being made should they release it next year or hold off until the ps5 2020 launch? 

Around the Network

No.

Well at least not if your reasoning is that it won't take a lot of work.

Remakes aren't remasters. The latter doesn't take a lot of work. The former is like making a new game.

Its possible........ but its a lot of work.

No. New Ratchet sequel instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

We wont see Ratchet for quite some time, maybe after a few years of PS5 one would come

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

After remaking 1 already remaking 2 wouldn't be hard for insomniac. Assets already made and the story and level blueprint already there.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Kerotan said:
After remaking 1 already remaking 2 wouldn't be hard for insomniac. Assets already made and the story and level blueprint already there.

Assets could be used for a new game too could they not?

Would they follow the story exactly, and not make any changes?

Are the level designs in the 1st remake consistent with the original PS2 game?

They actually cut content from the original. Less locations. It was a $40 launch to reflect that. So yeah this wouldn't take as long as a normal game. 

Insomniacs main focus will be on Spiderman 2. If they have a secondary team they could work on another ratchet, or maybe another developer will take it up. Ratchet on PS4 was amazing, either better than or tied with crack in time for best in the series imo. Whether Ratchet 2 is based on the original or not, doesn't really matter to me. The PS4 version diverged a lot from the original anyway.

I would have expected a new Ratchet on PS4 after the success of the last one, but at this point i doubt it.

Hopefully, I loved the first Remake.

Personally I would also love to see a Ratchet & Clank 3 Remake because it was my favorite in the series. Really such a wonderful game.

With the success of the ratchet remake, and the huge success of the crash trilogy, I expect we'll see a fair number of remakes and enhanced remasters throughout the next decade or so. I think the success of Sonic mania may also lead 2 new games in popular series that are made in a way similar to the original games. there aren't very many series that would be able to do it like Sonic, at least not that I can see. But, there certainly are a good handful of them.

and, I'd say all of that is good. Those games were successful for a reason. They're great.