By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Stephen Hillenburg Has Died :(

Oh..man...I didn't even know he was sick! When I saw that name, I did a doubletake. Jesus, RIP. Thanks for so many laughs and giving us quality content for my childhood.

Around the Network

This one hurts... this one really hurts.
SpongeBob Squarepants is easily one of the most popular and iconic shows ever created and has helped shaped the lives and childhoods of millions across the globe, myself included. There’s practically a SpongeBob related GIF or meme for everything you see on the internet. It was such a brilliantly written piece of work when Mr. Hillenburg was in charge during the first 3 seasons and the 1st movie.
SpongeBob himself now ranks among the most popular and influential cartoon characters ever created alongside the likes of Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny.
Thank you, Mr. Hillenburg gor all the wonderful laughs and memories you’ve given us. May you Rest in Peace.

That's pretty sad. SpongeBob was a big part of my TV childhood.

Can we bring him back and send Butch Hartman instead?

Rest in Peace... And thank you for Spongebob...

Knowing that he was a marine biologist somehow makes Spongebob even cooler. R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

RIP and thank you for creating one of the best shows ever made.

Proud to be a Californian.

Rest in Peace.

First a theoretical physicist, now a marine biologist. What is it with Lou Gehrig's and killing beloved scientists name Stephen?

All jokes aside, it's a sad day for internet culture and all who grew up with his creations. Let's be thankful for all the joy he brought us.

Signalstar said:
Knowing that he was a marine biologist somehow makes Spongebob even cooler. R.I.P.

This.

RIP :'(

SpongeBob (Bob Esponja in my language) was such a BIG part of my childhood. Thanks Stephen for all the great memories (and all the laughs) and Rest in Peace.