By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just got a switch!

Congrats on getting a Switch!  So many great games.  Here are my favorites based on what I've played so far (basically in this order).  I would recommend these to anybody.

Zelda: BotW
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Axiom Verge
Octopath Traveler
Mario + Rabbids
Mario Kart 8D
Dragon Quest Builders
Super Mario Party

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Snesboy said:
I also just got a Switch. In fact, I got two and picked up SMO and Kirby. KSA and the 2nd Switch are gifts for my little sister.

Nice.

Are you also getting Smash?

Do I need breathing to live?

Of course I'm getting Smash.

Haha, i'm glad you're happy, congratulation on getting a Switch. Since currently i have 80 good Switch games, i don't know which one i would recommend you cause i have 3rd party games(58 games) a lot more than 1st party games(22 games). xD

I'll tell you what, get Zelda BOTW, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Splatoon 2 :)

Get Bayonetta and Celeste. Want to suggest games no one else has in this thread because I'm a rebel.

Xenoblade 2 and Zelda BOTW are my top picks!

And i'm waiting for Smash like all of us right!?

Some tips:

- If you have any other controller buy a Magic NS or 8bitdo adapter to use it with your switch (Only one controller for each adapter)

- Some games looks the same and feels a lot better when you put the TV output to 720p.

- If you buy third party Docks, only use good brand USB C cables

- If you buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the Seasonal Pass is really Worth it.

Have Fun!

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Did you have a Wii u? If not the library is even better

Yes I did. But games like captain toad, I never played but always wanted too. Hoping paper Mario color splash gets a switch port as I’d like to play that. 

Tatewaki75 said:
Nautilus said:

Why does she not just plays on your switch?

I kept offering, but she has a hang up with using other people's consoles. She accidentally broke my Game boy pocket when we were kids, and felt guilty about it for years. She actually ended up buying me a game boy pocket a few years ago, it was pretty funny. Speaking of which, I honestly should rebuild my game boy collection. 

Thats really sweet!

Well, then do give her a Switch as a gift then

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Something I haven't seen people mention is a carrying case. They're super cheap and there's plenty of options. The Zelda one in the rubber case (they come in black, blue, and burgundy) can let you fit your Switch as well as an extra set of joycons in addition to your games.