By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

celador said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
This really doesnt come as a surprise to me at all. I started getting red flags when Bethesda came out and said ''there's definitely going to be major bugs'' or something along that line.

And still they persevere with the same engine, which apparently isn't changing for ESVI either. They have become very complacent

If the tools of that same engine are updated enough to make good improvements then there's no problem with using the same engine but yeah we will see about that . 

Around the Network

Why does it take so long for reviews to come up? The game is in stores right?

HintHRO said:

Some reviewers like to play the game before they review it.

pokoko said:
HintHRO said:

Game critics always get a game from the developer/publisher so they can play it and review it just before the release. This is the case with almost every game out there. Bethesda is probably well aware of the game's issues and knows it will score bad, which may influence sales. 

HintHRO said:
pokoko said:

Game critics always get a game from the developer/publisher so they can play it and review it just before the release. This is the case with almost every game out there. Bethesda is probably well aware of the game's issues and knows it will score bad, which may influence sales. 

Its an online only game. Cant really review it before the release.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
HintHRO said:

Its an online only game. Cant really review it before the release.

I think the 1st score has been an outright negative. User score on website metacritic is an overwhelmingly negative score of 2.8. which means the game will certainly be bombarded with negative scores in the next 4 to 8 hours. 

Gadgets 360 5/10

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/reviews/fallout-76-review-1948639

Immersiveunreality said:
celador said:

And still they persevere with the same engine, which apparently isn't changing for ESVI either. They have become very complacent

If the tools of that same engine are updated enough to make good improvements then there's no problem with using the same engine but yeah we will see about that . 

They've been changing tools for each game yet the same problems arise it's clear it's not the tools it's the framework that the tools are applied to.

HintHRO said:
pokoko said:

We all know Bethesda doesn't give review copies out in advance anymore. Additionally, to review an online game before it's "online" for the majority of players, wouldn't make sense anyway.

From what i have seen of this game counting in negatives and positives i would rate this a 4/10 myself.