By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

WTF Bethesda. You went from making one my favourite games of the generation....... to this?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I have twice, absolutely loved Bethesda games, until I absolutely hated them. To the point where the experience was so painful, I chose not to give anything they developed a chance again. The amount of lost time I have in Oblivion and Fallout 3 is staggering. At least I was able to finish Oblivion. Fallout 3 borked me with a game ruining bug about halfway through, on top of the unacceptable levels of freezing/crashing that were persistent prior to that. I find it somewhat gratifying that the gaming community at large has caught up to the sentiments that I have held onto for almost a decade. A long overdue, and well deserved comeuppance. I hope they push forward with their plans to further build on their rotting foundation. Idiots.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow with the current score of 54 on Opencritic the game is part of the 10% lowest scores of listed games on the site. That's really bad!

It says:
"Fallout 76 is in the bottom 9.9% of games scored on OpenCritic
Based on 6 scored reviews, 10 reviews total."

andisart said:
Wow with the current score of 54 on Opencritic the game is part of the 10% lowest scores of listed games on the site. That's really bad!

It says:

It will likely go up significantly when the bigger outlets start publishing their reviews, but even then it mgiht not even break 70. 

currently the score is horrific for a AAA game

BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Oh my gosh, this video is amazing!

I heard some bad things about this game, but I wasn't expecting such low scores.

So funny xD

Hahaha this is awesome!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DakonBlackblade said:

I guess reviewers finaly stop giving them a pass for releasing nearly umplayable buggy messes.

https://youtu.be/LZM18ZK9mOY

Its legit shamefull that some reviewers give this game a 7 out of 10 score.
Like wtf does it even take for them to score something lower?
This game is not worthy of a 7/10 score.

Meanwhile a fantastic JRPG can come out and they ll give it a low score.... because? I dont know anymore.

celador said:
andisart said:

It says:

It will likely go up significantly when the bigger outlets start publishing their reviews, but even then it mgiht not even break 70. 

currently the score is horrific for a AAA game

Which is shamefull.... reviewers are scared to give low scores to AAA games.
But this game production value is clearly not worth a 7 outta 10 or higher score.

Like legit shamefull.

BraLoD said:
JRPGfan said:

Its legit shamefull that some reviewers give this game a 7 out of 10 score.
Like wtf does it even take for them to score something lower?
This game is not worthy of a 7/10 score.

Meanwhile a fantastic JRPG can come out and they ll give it a low score.... because? I dont know anymore.

Yeah, don't think it'll average at 70.

It shouldnt tbh... this is disgracefull...  like.... worse than Mass Effect Andromeda.
its just reviewers are scared to score things low, if its from a AAA company, even if it deserves it.

Game sucks. And uglyness is the brand of Bethesda Softworks. They have yet to make a game with good graphics/visuals. Skyrim is only playable for me because of visual enhancement mods.

Maybe switching the engine they have been using since Morrowind could be a good idea for their upcoming games.

I get the feeling this is going to get really messy xD