By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is There Anything in Your Gaming History that You Are Embarassed About?

It could be anything in your gaming past that makes you cringe. Is there a particular series you enjoyed that you now realize sucks. Were you unable to beat a simple game? Did you get into a fight with a best friend over a game?

I remember when I was young, probably between the ages of 8 and 13 I would always bug my mom to take me to buy new games. I would usually pay for them myself with money I saved up (most of which came from my parents anyway) but she would have to drive me to the store. Many time stores were out of stock of the game I wanted. Eventually she would drive me out of state on occasion just so I could buy my game. It just now hit me how horrible and wasteful that must have been for my mom as I just sat in the backseat of the car staring at a game box. Sometimes it was Yugi-Oh cards or Harry Potter books though. Parents and kids today must have it so easy with online shopping.

I don't even play that many games anymore. I love you mom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Man I have quite a few. Back around 2005 a friend of mine lent me Starcraft and I remember enjoying the game so much I never bothered to give it back. To this day I probably still have it sitting around somewhere, I always felt bad about it but have long lost contact with him.

A much more embarrassing story happened to me during middle school. I lived almost 2 miles from the school so my parents had to pay for a school bus to take me every week. I have never liked asking my parents for anything(very poor back then), but when I saw my mom giving me 10 dollars every week so that I would give it to the bus driver, immediately I started calculating how much I could do with 10 dollars a week. So I came up with a plan, I stopped taking the bus to school and instead would walk to school(and back) every morning without my parents noticing. It was pretty embarrassing because I was basically the only kid doing it and the buses would drive by next to me and sometimes I would have to hide because I didnt want my bus driver to see me. Anyways long story short it was a pretty awful lot of work that ended up in nothing because after almost an entire school year of this my parents found my stash under my bed with almost 200 and confiscated it. They were pretty pissed thinking it was "dirty" money or something but laughed it off when I told them the real reason. I was planning to use the money to buy a ps2, but it wasnt until a few months later that my parents bought me a gamecube, I only ever owned 3 games on it but I did get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it until I finally got my PS2 when I was 14.

As an RPG fan, to this day, my time spent with Ultima series is quite embarassing - I find this to be by far most significant omission in my video gaming history, that eventually needs to be fixed.

I would have to say Fantastic Adventures Of Dizzy. As a kid I loved it and thought it was fun, but now as an adult trying to play it, I'm super confused as to why I ever liked it in the first place lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

omarct said:
Man I have quite a few. Back around 2005 a friend of mine lent me Starcraft and I remember enjoying the game so much I never bothered to give it back. To this day I probably still have it sitting around somewhere, I always felt bad about it but have long lost contact with him.

A much more embarrassing story happened to me during middle school. I lived almost 2 miles from the school so my parents had to pay for a school bus to take me every week. I have never liked asking my parents for anything(very poor back then), but when I saw my mom giving me 10 dollars every week so that I would give it to the bus driver, immediately I started calculating how much I could do with 10 dollars a week. So I came up with a plan, I stopped taking the bus to school and instead would walk to school(and back) every morning without my parents noticing. It was pretty embarrassing because I was basically the only kid doing it and the buses would drive by next to me and sometimes I would have to hide because I didnt want my bus driver to see me. Anyways long story short it was a pretty awful lot of work that ended up in nothing because after almost an entire school year of this my parents found my stash under my bed with almost 200 and confiscated it. They were pretty pissed thinking it was "dirty" money or something but laughed it off when I told them the real reason. I was planning to use the money to buy a ps2, but it wasnt until a few months later that my parents bought me a gamecube, I only ever owned 3 games on it but I did get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it until I finally got my PS2 when I was 14.

Lol I did something similar but in my case it was lunch money. Everyday after school I would stop by my parent's workplace where they would give me money so I could buy food and eat at home. I soon realized I could save a decent amount for games so I stopped buying food and just ate any leftovers I could find in the house, sometimes I wouldn't eat at all if there was nothing.

I'm not sure how long it took them to realize what I was doing but when they found out they were pretty pissed. They told me I was crazy for caring more about games than eating properly and that if they ever saw me playing some stupid game they would throw it away. It's probably one of the reasons they have always seen my love for games as some unhealthy addiction lol 

Around the Network

This is not even that long ago, but I actually bought and played a couple of the Danganronpa games on my PS4. Those are not my type of games at all, I don't know what possessed me to do that. I'm a grown ass man. Must have been a serious lull in the offerings at the time. Weird, over the top, anime style dialog simulators with paper thin game mechanics, yuck.

Dante9 said:
This is not even that long ago, but I actually bought and played a couple of the Danganronpa games on my PS4. Those are not my type of games at all, I don't know what possessed me to do that. I'm a grown ass man. Must have been a serious lull in the offerings at the time. Weird, over the top, anime style dialog simulators with paper thin game mechanics, yuck.

The premise of the game is fantastic though! People locked in by a sadistic bear and forced to commit murder to escape! It wasn't executed very well but I enjoyed it even though I dislike visual novels. Would have been much better if it wasn't linear, and it actually mattered who you spent time with and made friends with.

I'm not embarassed about anything. I played Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 in VR and loved it and I played quite a lot of hentai games. Plus, I think that Britney's Dance Beat on PS2 is one of the best games ever!

There are people who would say all that is embarassing. But not me, I really don't see the problem they have.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I bought a Xbox 360 with Kinect to play Dance Central (and Gears of War and Lost Odyssey but really for Dance Central). The game is great fun but the hassle of clearing space and the fact you basically had to wear gym clothes if you planned to play for a long period meant I didn't play all that much.

Signature goes here!

The time I bought an Amiga CD 32....