By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony will not be at E3 2019 for the first time!!!

What a laugh. Pretty sad to see the spiral that Sony seems to be content going down. What is this company.

Microsoft currently in an all hands meeting to amp up their E3. How do you miss the biggest event in videos games....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Rêveur said:
I think people who see the PS5 release as being as far off as end of 2020 are just crazy. That's over two years from now. What do you expect Sony to do for the next year and a half, just keep showing new trailers of years-old announced PS4 games? While Microsoft and Nintendo continue having events and announcing new stuff, you just expect Sony to sit back with some vague promise of a future PS5 announcement for the next two years?

At the latest, the PS5 should be unveiled during summer 2019 for a release either holiday 2019 or early 2020. I'm still hoping they'll opt for late 2019.

Yes this is what will probably happen. If Sony wanted to reveal the PS5 this year they would have done it at E3. 

PS4 was revealed at their own event outside of E3 so why would PS5 be locked in to be revealed at an E3?

Kinda strange. But understandable. It looks like PS4 already peaked so no need to waste resources on its promotion anymore. Focusing on PS5 instead is a way better strategy at this point. I expect that they will have PSX next year though.

P.S. I disagree with the claims that E3 is irrelevant. I think they had their best year ever and the attendance grows every year, so E3 will only get bigger.

Madword said:
I think there is some short sighted thinking here on VG... over at resetera a few of us are thinking why this might be the case.

Early 2020 (march) launch for Ps5, why do E3, too early for talk about PS5...some negativity of course but its the end of the PS4/Xbox gen whatever MS shows wont impact this gen's sales (especially if a new console is then out by the next E3). Sony will have a show in September to talk about PS5.

No point going to E3 to talk about PS4 games that everyone already knows about, people will be people and just moan.

Agreed: 

February 2019 PS5 event similarly to PS4 first event. Talk features specs, innovation. A couple game trailers even. The Reboot PSX with PS5 full reveal September through December time frame. Launch March 2020 due to chip shortages as rumored. And if it's PSX or whatever I umagima it'll be at most 2 hours long. I could still be wrong. Just my thoughts.

It's a very big and bold move from Sony to do something like this and leave all the media attention to its rivals. But Sony is big enough to know what they'r doing... hopefully.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Damn this is really shocking, there is no E3 without Playstation. But this makes me really excited, it seems like they are planning huge things for the future!

They can't possibly have nothing to show. Even Nintendo with only 1 game was present at E3 2018.

I think it probably shows an early 2020 release. They don't want to kill 2019 sales, so are holding off for a PSX announcement probably no more than a few months before launch. I can't see it being replaced by a direct style event going forward, but if it is just that, it has not done Nintendo any harm. It might well backfire with third party titles though, all none exclusive ones will probably end up on Microsoft's show by default.

Barkley said:
PSX 2019, 25th anniversary of PlayStation, Announcement of PlayStation 5.

Definitely on track.

My thoughts:

February 2019 PS5 Announcement

PSX 2019 PS5 reveal.

March 2020 Launch. 

lmao