Halo 2 7 15.91%

Halo 3 9 20.45%

Halo 4 3 6.82%

Halo 5 2 4.55%

Halo Reach 11 25.00%

Total:44
curl-6 said:
VAMatt said:

I definitely like that game a whole lot. And you sell it very well.

Cheers man. 

Halo 4 definitely has a different flavour to Bungie's entries, but I guess after four of those, by the time 2012 rolled around I was in the mood for a new take on the franchise.

I generally find that Halo 4, especially on X1, is far better looking than Halo 5 and actually stacks up well even in this generation 🙂. And the only Halo where I've been worried for a character (Cortana).

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
curl-6 said:

Cheers man. 

Halo 4 definitely has a different flavour to Bungie's entries, but I guess after four of those, by the time 2012 rolled around I was in the mood for a new take on the franchise.

I generally find that Halo 4, especially on X1, is far better looking than Halo 5 and actually stacks up well even in this generation 🙂. And the only Halo where I've been worried for a character (Cortana).

I haven't played Halo 5 but I definitely agree that Halo 4 holds up amazingly well visually to this day; despite running on hardware from 2005 it looks better than a lot of Switch games I've played.

though the first halo was what got me to run to blockbuster at midnight and outright buy an og xbox and 4 controllers, and the amazing big areas was just wow at the time.
but story... Reach. they nailed it for me. which is odd without master chief.

I like all the Halo games, but I would probably say Halo 3 and Reach are my favorites.

Combat Evolved and Reach neck-and-neck in votes; ironic that Reach doesn't even feature the series' iconic lead character.

As someone who didn't play Halo 5, can someone explain to me why it's so disliked?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Combat Evolved and Reach neck-and-neck in votes; ironic that Reach doesn't even feature the series' iconic lead character.

As someone who didn't play Halo 5, can someone explain to me why it's so disliked?

Boy... Where do I start.

The story was convoluted, the visuals were average, not enough Master Chief, terrible pacing... And once all is said and done and you finished it, it still felt incomplete.

You actually accomplish very little in Halo 5... Where-as in Halo 1 you were introduced to a new Universe, Halo 2 expands it massively... And Halo 3 is like going on a massive adventure.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

Boy... Where do I start.

The story was convoluted, the visuals were average, not enough Master Chief, terrible pacing... And once all is said and done and you finished it, it still felt incomplete.

You actually accomplish very little in Halo 5... Where-as in Halo 1 you were introduced to a new Universe, Halo 2 expands it massively... And Halo 3 is like going on a massive adventure.

Ah, cheers.

It was mostly the awful-looking partner AI, (saw many clips of your teammates failing to revive you, or getting killed in stupid ways and constantly needing to be revived) and people saying that it felt like just chapter 1 of a full game that turned me off from getting in on it.

Bit of a shame; if Halo 5 and Gears 4 had turned out as great as their immediate (numbered) predecessors, they may have pushed me to buy an Xbox One.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2018

I chose Halo 2, the non remastered version. There is a point in the game where this awesome track starts playing and it gets me every time. Also, the campaign had great variety and not one level that dragged it down. In Halo 1 you have that awful library level and in Halo 3 you have that equally awful flood covenant ship level. I don't feel like Halo 2's has a level like that. I don't even count Halo 4 or 5.

Halo 3 had some of the best campaign pacing in an FPS game. Best Xbox 360 exclusive shooter.

Halo 3. It only had one bad level (Cortana) the rest was just epic.

Halo CE had also had just one bad level (The Library) but by today's standards the game has many flaws. Inconsistent checkpoints, tons of backtracking, many copy&paste rooms, confusing level design. For the time however it was definitely revolutionary.

Halo 2 had not one but a couple of bad levels and still quite a few of the flaws CE had. Playing as the Arbiter is the only exciting thing.... well that and the theme remix.

Halo 3 ODST is clearly a spin-off. Pretty short, does some things differently which isn't bad per se, but eh. Clearly not a main line game

Halo Reach. Solid title in the series. Definitely had it's moments.

Halo 4. Admittedly this is the only one I haven't completed thus far. It's pretty alright but doesn't wow me that much.

Halo 5. Can't quite see the hate. Gameplay-wise really good. Level design is fine as well. Story-wise not the most exciting one but passable. No splitscreen co-op though...

That means:

1. Halo 3
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 5
4. Halo 4
5. Halo CE
6. Halo 3 ODST
7. Halo 2

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 November 2018